Do_It_Knightly's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 15th, 2019 8:25 PM

Closed

NFL Network & RedZone are gone

Can anyone, preferably from AT&T, tell me if NFL Network & RedZone are no longer being carried on U-verse? At 4:15pm today I tried to go to channels 1629 & 1630, but what I saw was a message saying “This channel is no longer carried” and there was a reference to TVpromise.org. First time I’ve ever seen that message. To me, that isn’t just that the NFL Network is offline with broadcast issues. It’s that U-verse has dropped those two channels. Anyone else have this issue or heard anything about it?

Scholar

• 

36 Messages

5 years ago

I love the desperate rationalization in this thread. Yes, AT&T informed...in an obscure document that perhaps .005% of customers had read or were made aware of.

I spent 20 minutes with customer service discussing the removal of Pac 12 Network. That was one month ago, as I was negotiating my bill. They reference my Sports Package several times. So they were well aware of my viewing tendencies. Not once did they indicate that NFL Network might be dropped. Otherwise I would have hung up the phone.

BTW, they also screwed me on the Sports Package recently by dropping beIN Sports. That is a European network that is known for soccer but more importantly to me it also carries European track and field meets, ones I always watch leading up to world championships and Olympics.

Basically one channel after another is leaving but nothing I care about is arriving. Wonderful trend.

And I love the notion that I'm supposed to drop Uverse in favor of DirecTV. Oh sure. That would be like getting screwed by Lexus and rushing over to sign up with Toyota. How fast can you take me? I'll do anything...

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Yes the NFL draft is on ESPN which I always watch the draft on, but as any big fan would say the NFL is a year long season. I am going to check into Spectrum tomorrow. Sad because I've been a loyal customer for 10 years 

Scholar

• 

36 Messages

5 years ago

What difference does it make if the NFL Draft is on different networks? This reminds me of team message boards when there are always dependable shills eager to applaud or excuse every move a team makes throughout the offseason, even if that team annually goes 4-12.

I guess I'm not supposed to care if Uverse drops CBS. After all, you can get the news and primetime sitcoms on other networks.

I always watch ESPN's draft coverage live, but I tape the NFL Network version to watch later. Both are superior in some respects. The day 3 coverage in particular varies wildly from one network to another. Now that dual opportunity is gone for me. I don't struggle to know who to blame, despite any shills who show up here. 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

5 years ago

Am I supposed to believe that a Spectrum or Xfinity sales rep would say: "Sure, we'll gladly give you a discount, but be aware that we might lose our MTV channels in July and our Disney channels in August." Really? They're sales reps. They're supposed to make sales.

BeIN also lost a lot of programming, but wanted a lot of money and they think they can hang with the "big boys" such as ESPN and FS1.

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

5 years ago

So is this pretty much a done deal and they are no longer negotiating or is there a chance it could still return soon?? Also noticed on the tvpromise website something about losing NICKJR in a few days as well. My wife watches couple of small toddlers and that is their go to channel. Been with UV for close to 15 years now......very sad that it has come to this......especially with my wife being a AT&T retiree.....looks as if we will be making a move if this isn't ironed out by August when the preseason begins.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

For many years now, the only channels I watch live are NFL Network and NFL RedZone.  Everything else I watch is via DVR.  Losing these channels is a deal-breaker for me.

AT&T, please bring them back right away!  I really don't want to switch my U-Verse and Fiber to Comcast, but this would leave me no choice.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

5 years ago

@gcotton69

Unfortunately, nobody here is open to the negotiations. We do not know when it will return. Most of the times, these things get resolved within a week. Once AT&T and NFL Network agree, the channel is back on-air within seconds.

However, there is the slight chance that it could drag on for quite some time. Both the Hallmark channels and NHL Network were off AT&T for quite some time, however, these were rare exceptions.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Losing The NFL Network is unacceptable!

My apartment balcony does not have line of sight for Direct TV. I've had ATT internet, uverse, and cellular for over ten years. I think those ATT services are the best.  But that is not enough for me to tolerate this insidious ploy to convert uverse customers to Direct TV freeing up your terrestrial bandwidth.

If this channel is not restored I will have every incentive to shop your competitors. This rankles me!!!

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Without warning, days before the draft, AtT pulled NFL Network off uverse?!!!

Fix or I take my $250 per month to Google or cable!!

Shame on you ATT

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

ATT has a contract with their customers to provide the programming they promised.  You have broken that contract.  What refund and new contract are you offering ?   I watch good morning football every morning to start my day.  Do you really want to lose my business after decades of loyalty to ATT ?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.