For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Natanne's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, September 24th, 2017 3:23 PM

NBC, WTHR, CBS - September Contract Negotiation

Why was NBC dropped from the channel lineup? This is a major network that I watch frequently. I am not happy about this change and don't remember receiving any notification of this change.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This is one of those issues I don't blame on Uverse.  And I hope that a lot of Uverse customers have decided what I've decided, I will no longer watch WTHR.  Any NBC content I feel I NEED to watch, which won't be much, will be on their website.  Since Uverse/DIRECTV is about 26% of the Indy market, and close to the same in Columbus, where this is also happening (Dispatch Broadcast Group owns both), I want to see if losing add revenue due to the loss of a quarter of the markets viewership, especially with local news, winds up being a bigger loss than whatever Uverse/Directv refuses to pay.

It's a cord cutting world, WTHR, don't tick (not the word I originally wanted to use) off your viewers!

Guru

• 

622 Messages

7 years ago

When you strip it all back to the basics, U-verse and Spectrum provide nothing more than streaming services that are bundled though no one really watches all those channels. So why not do selective, a la carte, programs rather than subscribing to a bundled service.

You are not the 100th, much less the first, person to ask this, and the answer is the same as it has always been.

If stations are made available a la carte, the individual price per station would go up significantly, because the stations would charge more per subscriber to make up for the fact that there would be far fewer subscribers.  There was a time when ESPN was only available "a la carte," for $10 a month - and (a) that was 30 years ago, so imagine what the monthly charge would be now (it has to pay for the NFL and the College Football championship games somehow), and (b) did not include the extra cost for ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, and so on, which ESPN would probably demand under penalty of Disney keeping the ABC station off of systems where Disney owned the station (including New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco) - one of Disney's predecessors at ABC did just that once.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

7 years ago

The FCC will not allow any providers to give you any local channels not in your DMA which is why the locals have so much power over the providers.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Settle your contract with channel 13 and put them back on the air or give me money back as I am not getting full service

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

7 years ago

Hi Saderock.

Been off for a couple of weeks now. Don't know of many local channels that have had this kind of impasse. Both sides need to iron this out, soon.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

It's getting rediculious

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I hear that this station may be cut as of tomorrow, Friday September 22nd if this happens I will have to find another service provider because I watch a lot of CBS programs and I won't be able to see them but f a deal is not reached with my local CBS station KCTV 5.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am outraged not to be able to watch the local channel !!!!  What is the problem ???

need a refund and credit for every day .

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Any timeline for resolution?
I am ready to drop U-verse!
Colts play in 2 days

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Been way too long now and losing WTHR is causing quite a bit of issues in our household.  I am tire of it.  I need to know a date when this will be resolved or will go elsewhere for service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.