Natanne's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, September 24th, 2017 3:23 PM

NBC, WTHR, CBS - September Contract Negotiation

Why was NBC dropped from the channel lineup? This is a major network that I watch frequently. I am not happy about this change and don't remember receiving any notification of this change.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This situation has become ridiculous.  Is there no compromise on either side?  2 weeks is enough.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

7 years ago

A $20 antenna fixes the issue plus gets the digital subchannels as well as HD uncompressed.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

7 years ago

are you willing to pay a lot extra if they were to just submit to the extortion? And by the way all providers are or will be in the near future renegotiating

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

7 years ago

Plucked from a another forum post:

rant]

Every year these threads appear.  And every year I keep wishing the carriers (cable companies and ATT) would hold their ground until the local's realize they are losing eyes for their advertising.   People blame the carriers for their "geed" and not supplying "their channels" that "they are paying for". 

First, they are not "your channels".  ATT can do anything they want to the channel lineup as per these terms of service (8. INTERRUPTIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE).  You are paying for a TV service, not specific individual channels.

Second in this case it's the locals who are the greedy ones here asking for ever more and more money every year for something most anyone can get for free with an antenna (assuming the locals are in range - check here).  And then later everyone complains of their ever increasing bills when the one of the reasons for that increase is the "Broadcast TV Surcharge".  So guess who's actually paying for the locals for their greed?

If the carriers stonewalled these locals maybe they would "blink" and put an end to this annual blackmail.  But it never happens and it's just wishful thinking on my part.  In reality the carriers and the locals eventually come to an "agreement" where the locals get less than they asked for (they probably asked for twice as much as they need anyhow if they truly need any more in the first place).  We end paying for the bill.  And it's always the carriers that are to blame.  There's a lot to blame and greed to put on the carriers, but this annual negotiation crap is not one of them.

[end of rant]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I would like to know when you are going to complete the negotiation and return Channel 13 to our line up.  We are paying for one of the major channels.  If you have no plans to add it back to your service (nor are you crediting your customers) we must return to Infinity TV through Comcast.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Thus ATT's refusal to provide ANY credits for the missing station.   Absolute unwillingness to negotiate is mind boggling. It's better to force the ATT customer to do without than negotiate.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

7 years ago

they will not credit you,

ATT can do anything they want to the channel lineup as per these terms of service (8. INTERRUPTIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE).  You are paying for a TV service, not specific individual channels. Until they come to an agreement nobody will know when.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Am one of several looking to move on and away from ATT.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Since AT&T puts through substantial increases every year without adding any additional channels or services, this blows my mind.  They can take the additional costs out of the substantial profit they are making or lose more money through the degradation in the customer base.  Signing off now to call Comcast.

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

7 years ago

If you live in the Raleigh area, you could buy an antenna for 5 or 10 bucks and connect it. Barking orders at ATT isn't going to get it fixed. BTW, ATT was willing to keep the channel on while they negotiated the contract, WRAL said no and demanded they cut it off.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.