Natanne's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, September 24th, 2017 3:23 PM

NBC, WTHR, CBS - September Contract Negotiation

Why was NBC dropped from the channel lineup? This is a major network that I watch frequently. I am not happy about this change and don't remember receiving any notification of this change.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

7 years ago

If your over the air setup is not getting 13, do a rescan. I believe that they have an alternate broadcast on RF 46.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks. That doesn't work either. It says the same thing that 13 says!

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

7 years ago

What does RF channel 46 say when using an antenna? I'm not following you.

Guru

• 

622 Messages

7 years ago

The reason nobody responds is, nobody knows the answer for certain.  The problem is, the local station and AT&T cannot agree on how much AT&T should pay the station to air its programs on U-Verse.  For all we know, the station probably thinks, "Hey, with the NFL season and the fall programs about to start, we can charge as much as we want, because everybody will blame AT&T when CBS's NFL games are not being shown on Sunday or when they can't watch the premiere of Young Sheldon," and AT&T replies, "No, we're not paying that much."

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I don't have an antenna. I didn't understand that I needed to have an antenna for it. I just went to 46 through U-verse. I'm not going to mess with an antenna. I'm just going to switch back to Comcast if it's not resolved soon. Thanks for your help.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This is totally absurd, AT&T! Your biggest competition is the "cut the plug" movement that is bringing programming directly to viewers through apps and streaming. By not working this out with WTHR you've FORCED ME to stream the content (FOR FREE) directly from NBC, which only serves to remind me that I'm overpaying for a convenience that: (a) isn't all that convenient anymore; and (b) is EXPENSIVE. You're going to push your customers right into the unplugged movement and ensure your own demise. You should be doing all you can to make viewing content easy and seamless, not frustrating. This seems terribly shortsighted. Work it out with WTHR immediately, or you will loose customers who won't come back.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

7 years ago

Yet if they agree to the price the network wants  price the increase is passed on to the customers and then everyone will complain about the increase in the monthly bill. Other providers are or will be in the same boat as soon as contracts are expired so going somewhere else isnt going to change the fact that networks are greedy

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

7 years ago

There is no channel 46 on a rescan. I can get 25 channels no 46. At night I can usually get 13.1, 13.2, and 13.3. I'm in Anderson.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

[rant]

Every year these threads appear.  And every year I keep wishing the carriers (cable companies and ATT) would hold their ground until the local's realize they are losing eyes for their advertising.   People blame the carriers for their "geed" and not supplying "their channels" that "they are paying for". 

First, they are not "your channels".  ATT can do anything they want to the channel lineup as per these terms of service (8. INTERRUPTIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE).  You are paying for a TV service, not specific individual channels.

Second in this case it's the locals who are the greedy ones here asking for ever more and more money every year for something most anyone can get for free with an antenna (assuming the locals are in range - check here).  And then later everyone complains of their ever increasing bills when the one of the reasons for that increase is the "Broadcast TV Surcharge".  So guess who's actually paying for the locals for their greed?

If the carriers stonewalled these locals maybe they would "blink" and put an end to this annual blackmail.  But it never happens and it's just wishful thinking on my part.  In reality the carriers and the locals eventually come to an "agreement" where the locals get less than they asked for (they probably asked for twice as much as they need anyhow if they truly need any more in the first place).  We end paying for the bill.  And it's always the carriers that are to blame.  There's a lot to blame and greed to put on the carriers, but this annual negotiation crap is not one of them.

[end of rant]

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

@dhascallsaid:

If your over the air setup is not getting 13, do a rescan. I believe that they have an alternate broadcast on RF 46.

I double checked that through tvfool entering one of the Indianapolis, IA as the city and an arbitrary zip for the area just to get out the table of info for that area.  It appears that RF46 has it's own call-sign, WALV-CD.  Some additional checks on WALV-CD indicated it was a low power "sister station" to carry WTHR's virtual 13.3.   I'm not sure a scan would pick it up or not. At any rate it's not a NBC station carrying the NBC shows.

[yes, I know, I got too much free time on my hands!]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.