Jennrn's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 21st, 2015 6:20 PM

NASCAR

When will you broadcast NASCAR xfinity races?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @Jennrn 

I don't watch Nascar, so I'm not too sure, but I found this webpage that provides the Nascar Xfinity series schedule. Click the link below.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/xfinity-series/schedule.html

Let me know whether or not this is what you're looking for.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Jennrn wrote:
When will you broadcast NASCAR xfinity races?

Only affects Nascar Infinity series, new programming to FS1 or any Fox channel. Those scheduled for Fox locals are being shown.

Sprint Cup is on FS1 Sunday as it will not be affected as it's not new to a Fox channel, Fox Network stations paid for Sprint Cup, so it'll be on FS1.  The Camping World Tuck series will not be affected either, had been on Speed (Fox owned) for years b4 it became FS1.

Although marketed as a relaunch of Speed, Fox Sports 1 was contractually considered a new channel—due to its change in scope from automotive and motorsports to mainstream sports, Fox was required to reach new deals with providers for them to carry the network.

At first, Fox sought a higher carriage fee as well, estimated at 80¢ per subscriber (more than triple the fee of 23¢ per subscriber that Speed had commanded; by comparison, ESPN pulls in fees of approximately $5.00 per subscriber, the most expensive fee of any pay television network).[11][17]

Concerns by providers over the increasing costs for cable and satellite services for their customers (largely believed to be partly due to the higher fees commanded by certain sports channels) resulted in Fox backing off charging the 80¢ per subscriber rate, instead charging the same 23¢ rate that those providers paid to carry Speed.[18][19]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_1#Launch_and_carriage

😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks. I was complaining that AT&T removed NASCAR race and put a dart tournament on in its place because xfinity sponsored the race. Seems childish and stupid to punish loyal customers like me. I appreciate the schedule though

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

@Jennrn wrote:
Thanks. I was complaining that AT&T removed NASCAR race and put a dart tournament on in its place because xfinity sponsored the race. Seems childish and stupid to punish loyal customers like me. I appreciate the schedule though

That's not the case at all.  Fox Sports 1 did not transmit the NACAR Infinity race to U-verse because of the ongoing dispute over Fox's request to receive additional fees in order to provide the programming.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

First thing Monday morning Im changing my service due to this ongoing conflict.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

@texan3 wrote:

First thing Monday morning Im changing my service due to this ongoing conflict.

Good luck with your new provider.  You will be missed.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@Jennrn wrote:

That's not the case at all.  Fox Sports 1 did not transmit the NACAR Infinity race to U-verse because of the ongoing dispute over Fox's request to receive additional fees in order to provide the programming.

I would love to be a fly on the wall at Fox Sports and AT&T to see what really is up here.  If FOX Sports made this request only of U-Verse and not Comcast, Dish, TWC and so on, it is 100% FS1's "fault."  BUT if they asked every provider to pay extra and U-Verse was the only holdout, then some of the blame has to go AT&T's way.  Just settle it!

I would prefer that Fox wait until re-negotiation time but they chose not to.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

They need to decide quickly I'm looking at dish network packages hate to leave uverse but they need to listen to there customers.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@texan3 wrote:
They need to decide quickly I'm looking at dish network packages hate to leave uverse but they need to listen to there customers.

Dish Network used to drop channels like a rented mule. It seemed like almost every channel negotiation resulted in the customers missing out on those channels. Charlie Ergen, their former President and CEO, but current charmain of their board really deserved his "Cheap Charlie" nickname.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.