Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 3:49 PM

Closed

My AT&T U-verse TV has a red x

My tv has a red X on the screen. Help!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I tried all the troubleshooting options and still no success. Replaced all cables and have restarted several times. Service works for a few minutes and then starts all over again.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hello @Dak004

We are sorry for your inconvenience. We will be glad to help. Please send us a message by clicking here. Provide your name, 9 digit U-verse account number, and phone number. We may need more information to be able to take any action within our systems.

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Help

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Got it!! Thanks 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have 3 tv's only the one that has the boxes next to them is acting up the others are ok. Red x or wheel on tv

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have a Red X with a #1 below it...let me guess, spend the next 30 minutes uplugging and rebooting only to discover my U-verse box is defective?!?!  Swear I spend more time rebooting than actually whatching my shows.  Thanks U-verse!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hello

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

For anyone else having this issue.... if you have a second box,  try swapping the power cord. If your tv works  call and ask for a replacement power cord.  

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I just had my DVR replaced a few days ago so this one is brand new.  I JUST replaced about 60% of the recordings I had on the prior so the last thing I wanted was to lose those those recordings and settings.

After going through all the reboot suggestions with nothing working, it came to me that the receiver was too warm.  The "old" DVR was sitting on top of the new, just waiting for me to return it but it was covering most of the new DVR.  I cleared the top of the new DVR and let it cool down for 20 minutes then plugged everything, the DVR and the tower back in.  And VOILA!  The DVR came right back on like nothing was wrong.  Hope that helps someone!

For those of you who work for AT&T and are providing instructions, some of us are not familiar with your acronyms.  So if you're going to use acronyms like DR or STB for example, would you at least ONCE, provide the full phrase?   I happen to know what DVR means, but no idea what STB stands for.  So, help us out with the lingo?

Thanks

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Just wanted to add a PS to this post.  The fix I thought I had was short lived.  Lasted a day and the Red X reappeared.  The thing that got me was on two different occasions I said I did not want to lose my recordings and on both occasions, I received instructions that would factory reset the DVR, thus deleting all the recordings.  I did not appreciate that, whether it was a misunderstanding or what, it happened twice.  While we were without AT&T service, I hooked up my PC to the TV and started streaming Pluto, Peacock and Amazon Prime.  We now watch streaming more than AT&T programming and will be probably unsubscribing.  

On a positive note, I wrote to AT&T customer support via the live chat and got a guy who was very sympathetic to my situation.  Initially he offered to give me a few months free but I told him I had lost all my recordings, one movie in particular that I really wanted and that I was just recently able to record.  It was one that showed up for 4 showings but that was it.  I asked him if there was any way to get that to play again and he was able to get it on SHO for 4 more showings.  I thought that was pretty cool and I really appreciated it.

I don't know why AT&T can't put their programming on the cloud so it's available to everyone at anytime so we don't have to keep screwing with these (Edited per community guidelines) DVR boxes.  I'm on my 5th one now.  No wonder streaming services are taking over market share.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.