JohnnyCNote's profile

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

Monday, January 30th, 2017 10:53 AM

Momentary loss of signal…

Lately I've been experiencing a momentary loss of TV, lasting 5-10 seconds while watching U-verse. The video and audio will cut out as often as 6 times an hour. If it occurs with the Interner service, I'm unable to determine for sure, although I suspect it does. It seems to happen more frequently in the evening, but it can happen any time. My guess is that it's something outside.

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? I'm in Jacksonville, FL, in case it's a local problem. I thought I'd ask here first before calling tech support, unless I can arrange a service call here. Any information would be most appreciated…

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

The first thing I would try is doing a whole house reboot.  Unplug all receivers to include the DVR.  Unplug the AT&T router/Gateway and plug it back in.  Let it come up completely.  Then plug in the DVR.  When it comes up and you have a picture then plug in the rest of the receivers.  See if your behavior changes.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

7 years ago

I'll give it a go. Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have had a similar problem (in Grafton, WI), but it happens only once per day, almost every day, and always between 7:00 and 8:00 am.  While watching tv it he screen goes blank and audio is lost for about 15 seconds.  It automatically reconnects without me having to do anything.  It is as if someone comes to start their work day, and they do something to kick others off the network.  I have reset the power on the router and receiver several times, to no effect.  I have even had AT&T come out and put in a new router

i wonder if anyone else has this problem?

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

6 years ago

I'm afraid I can’t be of any help in this situation. Good luck!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.