Menu > Live TV > Favorites Sequence Not on My Receivers

Teacher

Menu > Live TV > Favorites Sequence Not on My Receivers

Latest from U-verse but The Menu screen on my receivers have no Live TV. Just Guide, My Multiview, Favorites, Search, Channel Shortcuts and Govt Educ and Public Access.

Did I miss a software update?

Channel Favorites lets you create a custom TV guide with only the channels you want so you can search less and watch more. Plus, add up to five lists per U-verse TV receiver so everyone can have their own favorites.

Just press Menu > Live TV > Favorites and follow the prompts to set up.

Message 1 of 4 (520 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM (Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Menu > Live TV > Favorites Sequence Not on My Receivers

pduggan1 - I think the description is just confusing.

When you press MENU the screen will show two levels/directions of selection. There is a horizontal list across the top and a vertical list down the page.

The cursor starts on the first Horizontal item (LIve TV) and the first vertical (GUIDE). To get to FAVORITES do two down arrows & OK

If you have not selected any favorites there will be a process to start building one. If you have any favorites it will show a guide with only those channels.

The easiest way to build favorites is - while watching a channel press ENTER/ZOOM (bottom right) & you will see a menu to add the channel to favorites. This used to be able o view the favorites guide, but it has been broken for over a year.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (509 Views)
Teacher

OK. I understand your explanation. Thanks.

But, the AT&T U-verse note, repeated just above your reply indicates I can have multiple favorites listings.

How do I accomplish this?

Message 3 of 4 (455 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by dhascall (ACE - Master)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

pduggan1 - Press ENTER - click down two to edit/add fav - press OK - last item on menu is add new list.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (453 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.