Npanzeca's profile

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

Monday, January 13th, 2014 9:17 PM

MLB Extra Innings

With spring training fast approaching is there any hope for us to get MLB Extra Innings this year or will we still get shut out while most other cable/dish options offer it? I still dont understand why Uverse has the NBA package but not baseball? Is there that much more of a demand for the NBA over MLB? And yes, I know I can use a Roku or something like that but I'd rather give my money to Uverse.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@Npanzeca wrote:

With spring training fast approaching is there any hope for us to get MLB Extra Innings this year or will we still get shut out while most other cable/dish options offer it? I still dont understand why Uverse has the NBA package but not baseball? Is there that much more of a demand for the NBA over MLB? And yes, I know I can use a Roku or something like that but I'd rather give my money to Uverse.

As we are U-Verse subscribers just like you, none of us can give you an answer. As far as U-Verse having NBA Center Court while not having MLB Extra Innings, it is all a matter of money. My guess is that NBA Center Court is a lot less expensive than MLB Extra Innings.

If I did not live in St. Louis, I would definitely want MLB Extra Innings so that I could watch the Cardinals.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Scholar

• 

373 Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

As we are U-Verse subscribers just like you, none of us can give you an answer. As far as U-Verse having NBA Center Court while not having MLB Extra Innings, it is all a matter of money. My guess is that NBA Center Court is a lot less expensive than MLB Extra Innings.

If I did not live in St. Louis, I would definitely want MLB Extra Innings so that I could watch the Cardinals.

Haha - had to give a Kudos for the Cards..   🙂 

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

10 years ago

I have MLB.tv and while it's great when I'm home and even better when I'm away from home I'd still prefer Extra Innings on my TV built into the U-Verse guide for simplicity and no loading times when switching between games. Hope to see it one day.

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

10 years ago

I really thought when MLBN was added a couple years back, that we would then get EI.  But still no luck.  I am like the first poster, in that I would rather give my money to UV, then go out and have to worry about an XBOX or RUKU or whatever.  Especially since during the Spring/Summer months, we have a UV box and tv on our back patio.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE U-VERSE GET EXTRA INNINGS!

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

‎01-14-2014 01:36:43 PM

I have MLB.tv and while it's great when I'm home and even better when I'm away from home I'd still prefer Extra Innings on my TV built into the U-Verse guide for simplicity and no loading times when switching between games. Hope to see it one day.

Thats exactly i want it over MLB.tv I want it it in the guide and the ability to switch back and forth without all the load times.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

+ 1 here for wishing U-Verse would get MLB Extra Innings. Even tho I wanted NBA League Pass and added it when they got it I never ever watch it. Lack of commercials and half time programming is too annoying. Id much rather see a commercial then a splash screen with looped music over and over which what I hear MLB.tv does, so if they add it I'm sure it will be the same 😞

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

AT&T needs to put the MLB Extra Innings, if ppl want to pay for it then let them pay for it. Right now Directv got it for $197 and on top of that they including MLB.TV. AT&T apparently has teamed up with Directv as they now are offering directv packages on the Uverse site so I don't what the problem is but AT&T gotta get it together. The only reason I don't have Directv is because of where I live it's not permitted. I'm a Yankee fan living in Georgia right now so I could really use MLB Extra Innings.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

People do want it. However, do enough? I've heard many times that AT&T would have to sell so many packages in order to carry it. If they didn't sell enough, they'd still be on the hook.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@oasys4444 wrote:

AT&T needs to put the MLB Extra Innings, if ppl want to pay for it then let them pay for it. Right now Directv got it for $197 and on top of that they including MLB.TV. AT&T apparently has teamed up with Directv as they now are offering directv packages on the Uverse site so I don't what the problem is but AT&T gotta get it together. The only reason I don't have Directv is because of where I live it's not permitted. I'm a Yankee fan living in Georgia right now so I could really use MLB Extra Innings.

@oasys4444 

Get a ROKU and order it through there.  The subscription channels are costly for providers, they have to be able to sell enough to make it worthwhile.  I'm thinking there is not enough ROI for AT&T to provide Extra Innings.

With the ROKI you will also have access all of these channels (fees may be required, but so does EI)

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

10 years ago

$59 for the Roku and $149 for a full season subscription.  not hard

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.