Helpful Links

METV

Professor

METV

Channel 136  when did they add this

Message 1 of 45
Former Employee

Re: METV

There was an issue causing a "not subscribed" error for that channel. It's been fixed and you should be able to view the channel after rebooting the receiver (hold the power button on the front for five seconds).
Message 31 of 45
Mentor

The Chicago area had METV & METV2, 23 & 48. Last summer they took both of them away but left the channels there and said "not available in your area." They brought back METV 23 & 136 (same shows). What happened to METV2? Still shows "not available in your area."

Message 32 of 45
Contributor

136 and 1136 now live in columbus ohio

Message 33 of 45
Scholar

Boy, was I shocked when it appeared on my guide last night here in Columbus OH.  Was very happy.

Message 34 of 45
ACE - Professor

It's a bit odd that they're relatively hidden. You'd think subchannels could be in the upper echelons of the 10xx range OR all together in the 99xx range.

It's just the current location seems a bit odd.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 35 of 45
Expert

@baseballisback wrote:

It's a bit odd that they're relatively hidden. You'd think subchannels could be in the upper echelons of the 10xx range OR all together in the 99xx range.

I proposed years ago having them in the 6000 range.

Channel 7.2    6072

20.2  6202

56.3  6563

They'd just be in the markets they belong to and easy for users to figure out. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 36 of 45
ACE - Professor

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

Channel 7.2    6072

20.2  6202

56.3  6563

They'd just be in the markets they belong to and easy for users to figure out. Smiley Wink

Chris

Why not simulcast the OTA main channels up there?

Local channel 9 in SD could be 6009.

Local channel 9 in HD could be 6109.

Local channel 9.1 could be 6091.

Local channel 28 in SD could be 6028.

Local channel 28 in HD could be 6128.

Local channel 28.1 could be 6281.

Local channel 28.4 could be 6284.

This would present a problem for channel 10...or not??

Local channel 10 SD would be 6010.

Local channel 10 HD would be 6110

Local channel 10.1 would be 6101.

Local channel 10.4 would be 6104.

This way, all the OTA channels and subchannel would be together for easy surfing.

Basically, put a "1" as the second digit for HD feeds. Put a "0" in there for SD feeds. Go 6xxx for the digital subchannel.

I'm trying to find a place where two channels could possibly have a conflict and I'm sure there is one.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 37 of 45
ACE - Master

@baseballisback wrote:

@baseballisback - Is it actually WMCH 4.2 or is it the National ME Tv feed?  I was under the impression that U-verse was rolling out ME Tv's National feed, Nationally on 136 - and thus it would not be in the local channel range (2-9x or 1002-109x).   It would not be in the 10xx range anyway, if it were WMCH 4.2 since it's only shown in SD. 

Message 38 of 45
Expert

@baseballisback wrote:

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

Channel 7.2    6072

20.2  6202

56.3  6563

Chris

Why not simulcast the OTA main channels up there?

Local channel 9 in SD could be 6009.

Local channel 9 in HD could be 6109.

Local channel 9.1 could be 6091.

Local channel 28 in SD could be 6028.

Local channel 28 in HD could be 6128.

Local channel 28.1 could be 6281.

Local channel 28.4 could be 6284.

This way, all the OTA channels and subchannel would be together for easy surfing.

I'd be hiding all the SD channels anyways and personally like the HD channels w/1000 added to them and types grouped together.  Comcrap Guide is just a mess as nothing is grouped together, just added them when they came on, big mistake in my view. 

They should have shuffled them years ago and then could just drop in channels where they belong like Uverse.  One common complaint from Comcrap users, 'where's the channel'? Smiley Frustrated

Chris

Message 39 of 45
ACE - Master

No 136 in Indy.  Must be market by market and painfully slow.....

Message 40 of 45
Expert

@dhascall wrote:

Well, remember they said there was no end date, seems Columbus just got them, they're getting closer.   Might be having trouble w/channel 13 having MeTV on a subchannel, since they would be putting the national feed of MeTV on 136/1136. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Message 41 of 45
Scholar

When are they going to ADD it to DirecTV ?

Message 42 of 45
Expert

@directv100 wrote:

When are they going to ADD it to DirecTV ?

Nothing ever mentioned about DirecTV, that was an announcement about 5 years ago on Uverse. Smiley Wink

Chris

Message 43 of 45
ACE - Master

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

Well, remember they said there was no end date, seems Columbus just got them, they're getting closer.   Might be having trouble w/channel 13 having MeTV on a subchannel, since they would be putting the national feed of MeTV on 136/1136. Smiley Surprised

Zactly!

Message 44 of 45
Contributor

In Los Angeles on ATT UVERSE we get the Pacific Time or METV Hollywood broadcast on channel 3 NO HD ... But WA LA go to channel 136 (SD) or 1136 (HD) you get the eastern time zone or National METV broadcast ... Great on Saturdays when I get to watch Svengoolie with my eastern zone friends and Chicago folks while Sven is playing ... We do a Twitter thing #Svengoolie and always end up trending over Hillary Clinton and Black Lives Matter --- Thank you ATT UVERSE for being the only cable out there that gives us both PT And ET playing of METV !!!
Message 45 of 45
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support