2.2K Messages

Saturday, December 15th, 2012 9:35 PM

METV

Channel 136  when did they add this

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

11 years ago

I have it on U-200. Oops, did i just bust myself?

Scholar

• 

194 Messages

11 years ago

Was watching a Lost in Space re-run on it last night.  Used to love that show, too bad they only play it one night a week.  Hope this means that Antenna TV & other sub-channels are not far behind.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

Great question cbussteeler!  But kind of a buzzkill to find out it's the National feed as that shores up that AT&T's hard stance against subchannels is not changing.  I was hoping that they would do the right thing (by me) and carry the DTV subchannels.

At any rate, no 136 yet in Indianapolis. 

Scholar

• 

194 Messages

11 years ago

Off topic, I know, but I see according to that lineup that Fox Movie Channel was moved back to the U200.  That's good, I know a lot of people were unhappy when it was moved to U300.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

@MicCheck wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

@RCSMG wrote:

Will METV be running more than reruns in the future?

Considering that ME-TV is all about the classic television programming and they have over 50 series in their library with long term licensing agreements, I'd say no.

On the other hand, that's how both Nick at Nite, then TVLand started, and now they both have originial programming, so new show in the distant future might not be out of the question.

I hope you're wrong.  Channels like METV and AntennaTV are finding success because TVLand ceased to be what it once was.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

Unfortunately the only constant, is change.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I was on the U-verse facebook page in November.  There I was told by AT&T "we plan to add MeTV into our lineup in all markets in the near future",  I don't know if they will or will not.  Seems like it should be easy enough to accomplish if they want to do it.  Still, it's not on my U-verse in the metro-Atlanta area.  I just purchased a RCA antenna at Lowes, I can now pick up over-the-air programming, about 30 stations, and MeTV is one of them.  It's great!  I would drop cable/uverse if it were not for the great sports, National Geographic and a few other favorites.  Still, the idea of saving that money every month is tempting.  I did not realize how many great High Def stations I can get with this little antenna 🙂

Bill

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@Bill30273 wrote:

I was on the U-verse facebook page in November.  There I was told by AT&T "we plan to add MeTV into our lineup in all markets in the near future",  I don't know if they will or will not.  Seems like it should be easy enough to accomplish if they want to do it.  Still, it's not on my U-verse in the metro-Atlanta area.  I just purchased a RCA antenna at Lowes, I can now pick up over-the-air programming, about 30 stations, and MeTV is one of them.  It's great!  I would drop cable/uverse if it were not for the great sports, National Geographic and a few other favorites.  Still, the idea of saving that money every month is tempting.  I did not realize how many great High Def stations I can get with this little antenna 🙂

Bill

Ah Bill, if it were only that easy.  There is a reason (or two) that it is not yet in all markets.  MONEY and maybe business politics.

In Atlanta, Me-TV is carried on WSB 2.2.  WSB is not given the rights to carry Me-TV for free, so they pay good money to Weigel Media to carry it.  Other cable systems that do carry 2.2 have made some financial dealings with WSB to carry it.  NOW here comes U-Verse, telling WSB, we are going to carry the National feed of Me-TV.  And, I am willing to bet that WSB is saying, "not so fast, hombre, I want MY cut for you circumventing us."  That has to be why Me-TV is not in every market, including mine (Indianapolis).

WSB has something else in their corner.  They are owned by Cox.  Smiley Wink Smiley Surprised

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I just noticed that METV, Ch. 136, is no longer part of the AT&T U-Verse service we get (U-200.) What happened? I enjoyed it.

Former Employee

• 

41 Messages

11 years ago

There was an issue causing a "not subscribed" error for that channel. It's been fixed and you should be able to view the channel after rebooting the receiver (hold the power button on the front for five seconds).
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.