For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

5 years ago

they ever going to settle this ridiculous fight ?  Its been over 6 months now without any ABC tv station .   No I dont  want to get a OTA antenna  to get local stations seeing Im pAying over $100 a month   and you would have to get an antenna for each TV which would cost probably close to $100 for 4 of them. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

How much longer will we in Montana be without abc or fox

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

It’s been 2 months of this dispute and it’s ridiculous.  Missing football and now the World Series!    What the heck is going on.  Maybe it’s time to leave

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

5 years ago

@teebird wrote:

How much longer will we in Montana be without abc or fox

Only the owner of your local affiliates can answer that. Carriage negotiations continue until an agreement is reached. There is no guaranteed amount of time it takes two entities to agree.

In the meantime you could try a regular antenna on your TV to get the free broadcast. Might even pick up additional locals than are carried anyway. Don't want DirecTV to just cave to the local's demands otherwise that much more gets added to the next price adjustment. To find out who owns your local channel and has pulled the feed (as is their right), check by your zip code here: https://tvpromise.att.com/

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I agree but there comes a time when you must take your customer's
inconveniences into consideration. A couple weeks I can handle but we are
going on TWO months!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I am talking - when I mention customer's inconvenience the fact I can't
watch the *World Series or college Football games!*

You want me to spend money on an antenna that might not even work.

World Series!! I can't use the Fox or ABC apps b/c they won't let me in..
I can't use my Apple TV b/c they block me.

Will you refund me the cost of an antenna? and the contractor to put the
antenna on my house?

If you can't end it - try again to get them to at least let us watch live
sports.. let us in on the apps!

Mary ***
Montana

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have been without my ABC station in Rochester NY since MAY.  They actually pulled the station 30 min before the NBA finals game.  I was one of the lucky ones who got the free LCC and antenna.  It worked great, until beginning of August when the digital channels changed their signals and since then have not been able to get my ABC station.  I do not know anyone that can get it OTA.  

So we have been watching our ABC shows on demand the net day.  Guess what?  Directv has now PULLED ABC ON DEMAND from me.  YES.  THEY PULLED IT THIS WEEK!!  I can no longer watch ANY ABC shows AT ALL.  I am done with Directv.  I spend over $500 a month for tv and cell phones.  We have gotten the NFL Sunday ticket since Day 1 and the NBA season pass for 5 years.  And now I cannot watch any ABC shows at all?  This is how you lose customers.

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

The sad part is they don't really care about the consumer or losing customers.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

What liars you are it is now November and still NO NBC.  What settlement was made? So what excuses are you going to give us now? Every time I have called to find out what is going on I'm told something different or " I understand" what kind of an explanation is that?  STOP LIEING to us.  You keep taking things away and charging more.  Here's what you can take away the how many hundred music channels and the Hispanic channels that I DO NOT watch.  It all looks good when you send your people around to sign people up  "Oh look your getting 300 channels or 400 channels, NO we are not.  We get reruns of programs 50 years old and the movie channels keep repeating the same old movies with maybe one or two thrown in. YET our local channel is no longer available. Let me pick and chose what I want to watch.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

4 years ago

@MsPacman wrote:

What liars you are it is now November and still NO NBC.  What settlement was made? So what excuses are you going to give us now? Every time I have called to find out what is going on I'm told something different or " I understand" what kind of an explanation is that?  STOP LIEING to us.  You keep taking things away and charging more.  Here's what you can take away the how many hundred music channels and the Hispanic channels that I DO NOT watch.  It all looks good when you send your people around to sign people up  "Oh look your getting 300 channels or 400 channels, NO we are not.  We get reruns of programs 50 years old and the movie channels keep repeating the same old movies with maybe one or two thrown in. YET our local channel is no longer available. Let me pick and chose what I want to watch.

They are not lying. An agreement was reached with Nexstar. They don't own every NBC channel in the country. Those are all owned by different local affiliates. Nexstar is simply just one such affiliate. Recently the Sinclair Broadcasting Group was in negotiations. Some stations are owned by the network directly (such as CBS itself came into negotiate around the time of Nexstar owned CBS affiliate stations). So most likely your local is owned by a different affiliate. Check https://tvpromise.att.com/ to see exactly who they are in negotiations with that affects your local.

Simply put, local affiliate owner requests higher rates to renew their carriage agreement. While they negotiation, the owner of the channel pulls the feed (as is their right) to leaverage us customers against the TV provider. It is because of these rates increasing over the years is why we see the base rates adjusted annually. DirecTV's costs goes up, then our bills go up. If DirecTV were to just cave to the channel's demands, then our bill would go up even more.

Everybody would love to pick and choose their channels. But that is not how the industry is setup. Channel owners package their channels to the TV providers. Consider how many channels are owned by Disney or Viacom. So they do not allow an al-a-carte option, only allowing TV providers to use a packaging model.

Certainly not DirecTV's fault about reruns or multiple showings of a movie. That is completely up to the channels. DirecTV gets an agreement to carry the channels, but does not have say over their programming lineup. If you don't like what is on the channels, then complain to the channel itself.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.