For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Coach

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I don't think this is legal. superior residence

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

5 years ago

@Recident wrote:
I don't think this is legal. superior residence

TV providers do not own the channels so cannot force them to stay. Sometimes (more often in recent years with local affiliates), when the carriage agreement comes up the channel owner will pull the feed in an attempt to negotiate higher rates. Until a new agreement is reached, they will not give the channel(s) back to DirecTV.

DirecTV, nor any other TV provider, cannot mandate the channel return the feed or even stay in business (i.e. Cloo, Chiller, SoapNet, etc.). As such each TV provider has a clause in their Terms of Service that the channels and programming can change at any time. So as much as you don't like it, there is nothing illegal.

(d) Our Programming Changes.

Many factors affect the availability, cost and quality of programming and may influence the decision to raise prices and the amount of any increase. These include, among others, programming and other costs, consumer demand, market and shareholder expectations, and changing business conditions. Accordingly, we reserve the unrestricted right to change, rearrange, add or delete our programming packages, the selections in those packages, our prices, technologies used to deliver the Service, and any other Service we offer, at any time.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Like I said They don't mind (ATT) and we don't matter. As soon as they are
more streaming services or we can pick a la cart channels with
another provider -- we're pretty much out of luck

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

We have been without access to ABC and Fox  network for over a month due to the dispute between At&T and those networks.  Can we expect a rebate on our exhorbitant bill, particularly since we will not have access to the World Series on Fox?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

5 years ago

Nope as the clause states that channels and programing are subject to change at anytime so all providers legally don't have to give refunds/credit but DTV has been doing so so if you call.

So how much more do you want to pay to get them back?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Why can’t I watch Sunday night football? You charge an outrageous monthly fee and this is the service? You are criminals

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

5 years ago

@AngryUser2 wrote:

Why can’t I watch Sunday night football? You charge an outrageous monthly fee and this is the service? You are criminals

Instead of crying "criminal" when you don't know what is going on, get the facts.

If the game is out-of-market, then you watch it on the NFL Sunday Ticket.

If the game is in-market, then you watch it on your local channel.

If your local channel is unavailable like what this thread is about, then your local has pulled the feed from DirecTV to negotiate a higher cost. Check https://tvpromise.att.com/ to verify if this is the situation and if so who owns your local channel that is holding it from you to get everyone to pay more.

So nothing criminal. DirecTV cannot force your local to bring back the feed. So for games on your local, while they are negotiating, plug in a antenna to get the free broadcast.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

First its not Direct tv it is the ATTTV app, so get your facts straight. Secod, you just hit us for a rather large increase and now fins out I cannot even watch NBC. It is criminal, you guys provide fewer and fewer services, keep us locked in and then charge more. So do nt give me your high and might attitude.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

I only get NBC on the app...no ABC, CBS or Fox. 

It would appear as though access to the various LOCAL networks is dictated by market.  I get NBC but others have complained that they only get ABC.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

5 years ago

@AngryUser2 wrote:
First its not Direct tv it is the ATTTV app, so get your facts straight. Secod, you just hit us for a rather large increase and now fins out I cannot even watch NBC. It is criminal, you guys provide fewer and fewer services, keep us locked in and then charge more. So do nt give me your high and might attitude.

You never said you were having issue with the app. So we could only assume you were talking about loss of channels because of negotiations like the rest of the thread.

You are wrong about high increase. The only "increase" was the price adjustment earlier this year for at most less than $10 based on what you have. I'm betting the "increase" you are complaining about is most likely your discounts ended. Also nobody here hit you with the price adjustment or loss of discounts. We are customers like you.

Not all local channels allow streaming through the app. Each market of locals dictate their streaming options. Also the major sport leagues (NFL, etc.) may choose to blackout the game from the app itself which is their option.

DirecTV may only provide what the leagues and channels allow as they don't own them. This is why the Terms of Service with all TV providers have the clause that programming and services may change at any time. So nothing criminal here just because you don't like how it works.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.