For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I feel your pain. They may not know service -- but collections they got
down pat. The Philippines will be calling shortly!!!!

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

5 years ago

@QuarryRye wrote:

@Ramsfantroy wrote:

After typing this, I am going to shop with the Dishnetwork and Xfinity as they do not seem to have these tv blackouts.

You haven't been paying attention. Google "Dish blackout" or "Xfinity blackout" and see what comes up. For instance, this year Dish was in disputes and had blackouts with Univision, Fox, Disney and (ironically) AT&T.

Dish has been notorious for blackouts for years and years.

They haven't had HBO since November or so.

This is just the tip of the iceberg...and maybe not even the tip. The former CEO was nicknamed "Cheap Charlie" for a reason.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

5 years ago

@landfall wrote:

They failed to deliver the programming contracted for so we cancelled our agreement following their guidelines and returned their equipment and they acknowledged receiving same.  I asked to be released from our programming agreement but they are billing me monthly and adding late fees.  We subscribed to Cox cable at the same time to gain lost channels important to my wife.  We want to get them to write it off and quit billing us.  I have little respect for AT&T at this time.

So you want AT&T to break their written contract with you...the one you agreed to.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

5 years ago

@B_keelin63- wrote:

I think if AT&T and Direct TV should not hold us responsible and make us pay the remaining months if we want to leave. And I want to  leave Direct TV but I can't till April 2020 or I have too pay to get out of it. And this stinks. Bill Keelin

The main reason why new customer rates are so low ($109 for a "triple play" plan) is because they know the new customer may have to pay to get out of a contract. The companies are essentially paying the cancellation fees of their new customers.

One way around is to cancel all but the minimal TV package. But keep in mind that every other provider will have the same contract renewals on a monthly basis.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

5 years ago

@landfall wrote:

They failed to deliver the programming contracted for so we cancelled our agreement following their guidelines and returned their equipment and they acknowledged receiving same.  I asked to be released from our programming agreement but they are billing me monthly and adding late fees.  We subscribed to Cox cable at the same time to gain lost channels important to my wife.  We want to get them to write it off and quit billing us.  I have little respect for AT&T at this time.

You have an agreement to keep DirecTV for so much time. Programming changes as it is NOT contracted because they don't own the channels so cannot force them to always be there. You cancel service and get charged and early cancellation fee. You refuse to pay your bill with valid charges because you just don't want to and have little respect for AT&T? Sorry but in this situation, you are the one at fault for refusing to pay a bill that is correct. Your not liking a situation doesn't not get rid of the ECF. Same with other TV providers as they all have a similar clause about programming can change at any time.

(d) Our Programming Changes.

Many factors affect the availability, cost and quality of programming and may influence the decision to raise prices and the amount of any increase. These include, among others, programming and other costs, consumer demand, market and shareholder expectations, and changing business conditions. Accordingly, we reserve the unrestricted right to change, rearrange, add or delete our programming packages, the selections in those packages, our prices, technologies used to deliver the Service, and any other Service we offer, at any time.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I would like to reach a settlement of this account.
Please advise. I agree to pay your current billing of $133.06 and be through with it.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

5 years ago

@landfall wrote:
I would like to reach a settlement of this account.
Please advise. I agree to pay your current billing of $133.06 and be through with it.

This is not your DirecTV account, but a public forum of customer discussion.

To discuss billing you need to call DirecTV.

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Ramsfantroy wrote:

After typing this, I am going to shop with the Dishnetwork and Xfinity as they do not seem to have these tv blackouts.

You haven't been paying attention. Google "Dish blackout" or "Xfinity blackout" and see what comes up. For instance, this year Dish was in disputes and had blackouts with Univision, Fox, Disney and (ironically) AT&T.

... and here comes Round 2 between Dish and Fox.... https://www.foxnews.com/media/dish-customers-lose-fox-fs1-amid-carriage-dispute-as-nfl-mlb-seasons-heat-up

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

That is about as dumb an answer as can be.... ATT CAN pay more and needs to! If you understood business fundamentals you would realize that the few dollars that it cost them now would save them from the millions of dollars that they are going to lose by having thousands and thousands of people canceling their service at the 1st available chance they get.  Instead of growing the company, they're killing it and their stock holders are showing their disapproval by selling off and killing the company.... 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Well, we got fed up and checked out Dish. We got a better deal from them
with even more channels (did this in August). They're technology (Hopper)
seems to be better than DirecTV's as well. Almost 2 months and we're quite
happy. Bye Bye AT&T!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.