Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: ATT please negotiate with ACC Network and Nexstar

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Message 347 of 2,179
Teacher

Re: Unfair rule

##-Well I am happy that ABC is back on. type your reply above this line -##
Message 1951 of 2,179
ACE - Expert

Nexstar Owned Locals Are Returning to AT&T TV, DIRECTV, U-Verse & AT&T TV NOW

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1952 of 2,179

Re: Nexstar Owned Locals Are Returning to AT&T TV, DIRECTV, U-Verse & AT&T TV NOW

Just checked and mines is back on in Va. I wouldn’t have known about it but happened to come across a post from our local news station. 

Message 1953 of 2,179
Contributor

ABC Outage

I cannot believe that for a month (July 6th) we have been without ABC, only to find out it's actually been back on the air since August 8th!  I found out from some sales reps who were in our local Walmart asking what TV service we had.  I stated Directv but that is about to change if they don't resolve the issue of taking channels off.  The sales rep said it had been back on since Aug. 8th and we had to unplug our receiver and it will reset to bring ABC Channel 4 back up.  I thought they were smokin' something because logic would say, once the dispute is over, the channel should automatically be turned back on.  NOPE!  We unplugged and reset and it worked.  WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD DIRECTV NOT TELL THEIR CUSTOMERS THAT IS WHAT HAD TO BE DONE.  We missed out on so many of our favorite programs for nearly a month, only to learn it was back on air.  Come on Directv.....we pay A LOT for your service, so give us what we pay for!  Ridiculous!

Message 1954 of 2,179
ACE - Guru

Re: NexStar and AT&T finally made an agreement today Aug 29

@sdecant , just call your CW station's business office and ask if they're a NexStar property.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1955 of 2,179
Teacher

Re: 2 months and still no NBC in Beaufort SC

We finally have all of our channels. Thank you for resolving this disagreement!

Message 1956 of 2,179
ACE - Expert

Re: ABC Outage

So you have just sit there and not even contacted DirecTV about the service outage. Communication is a 2-way event.

Message 1957 of 2,179
Mentor

Re: Loss of NBC

@Juniper ]

What part was not accurate? I will wait. You are not a realist, you are an
ATT apologist, sorry of you cannot see the difference between those two.
Message 1958 of 2,179
Contributor

ATT please negotiate with ACC Network and Nexstar

After a quiet night with no ACC Network football, I'm ready to divorce ATT.  

Not only ACC Network we've been without CBS because negotiators haven't been successful working with Nexstar.  Should you hire someone who knows what it is to negotiate?

We've liked U verse very much until this year! 

Message 1959 of 2,179
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTCustomerCare
‎08-30-2019 9:40 AM

Re: ATT please negotiate with ACC Network and Nexstar

From ATT website:

AT&T and Nexstar Media Group have entered into a new multi-year agreement to provide Nexstar-owned stations to our TV customers. Nexstar local stations are now returning to any impacted DIRECTV, AT&T TV, and U-verse platforms. Both companies regret the inconvenience to customers, viewers, and advertisers, and we thank them for their patience as the new agreement was being finalized.

Tags (1)
Message 1960 of 2,179
Contributor

Ummmmm….duh!!!! *Directv REMOVED* the station due to *their *contract
disputes. How is the customer suppose to know it's been resolved, our
station has been removed from the channel lineup? In the past when
disputes get resolved the station automatically is back on because* Directv*
puts it back on. So if you go back and read my original post....it has
been back on the air since Aug. 8th and* Directv* didn't* TELL* the
customer, we have to unplug the receivers and restart to get the channel
back. According to the alert on the tv channel the message says they
removed the station until disputes are settled.
Message 1961 of 2,179
ACE - Expert

@GrammaJo , Utah ABC channel 4 is a NexStar owned station.  AT&T and NexStar just came to terms 20 hours ago (after a two month dispute).  I'm thinking you rebooted your box at just the right time for it to turn on by itself.

Message 1962 of 2,179
Teacher

Re: Negotiations

I'm with you.  CBS here in Las Vegas has been out for almost two months now.  College football and NFL seasons starting soon and I will be missing out on some games.  Come on AT&T and Nexstar.  Settle this dispute once and for all!!!

Message 1963 of 2,179
ACE - Expert

Re: Negotiations

@Lynon wrote:

I'm with you.  CBS here in Las Vegas has been out for almost two months now.  College football and NFL seasons starting soon and I will be missing out on some games.  Come on AT&T and Nexstar.  Settle this dispute once and for all!!!

They just did.  Yesterday.

Message 1964 of 2,179
Teacher

Nexstar settles with AT&T

News flash!  Just read this and I can confirm that my channel KLAS in Las Vegas has been restored.

IRVING, Texas & EL SEGUNDO, Calif. – Nexstar Media Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: NXST) (“Nexstar”) and AT&T (NYSE: T) have entered into a new multi-year retransmission consent agreement to provide Nexstar-owned network affiliated and local broadcast stations to customers of AT&T’s video platforms in 97 markets across the United States.

Nexstar local stations are now returning to any impacted DIRECTV, AT&T TV and U-verse platforms.

“Our customers want more choice and value and we are pleased to deliver that through this new agreement with Nexstar and its many local stations,” said Rob Thun, Senior Vice President of Content and Programming, AT&T Communications.

“Nexstar’s long-standing commitment is to provide exceptional programming and service to the local communities we serve across the United States and this new multi-year agreement will allow us to continue delivering our stations’ leading network and sports content as well as local news and other programming to AT&T subscribers in our markets,” stated Keith Hopkins, Senior Vice President, Distribution, Nexstar Media Group, Inc.

AT&T and Nexstar regret the inconvenience incurred by customers, viewers and advertisers, and we thank them for their patience, as the new agreement was being finalized.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

Tags (2)
Message 1965 of 2,179
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support