Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

5 years ago

The clause in the TOS states that channels and programs are subject to change at anytime so DTV is not in breach so canceling will incur the ETF/ECF.

All providers have this clause. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I sent a similar message yesterday and got a general response.

I guess the reason I got a response was my use of 3 simple words  “BREACH of contract.

I was quickly informed of a clause in my contract which states they can change any part of my contract whenever they want to.

a friend of mine does some at home work for Direct TV.

they are working on their existing contracts and apparently AT&T wants to raise their rates too high.

I too am very disappointed in this crap. AT&T made me feel like they were laughing in my face.  Grrrr. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

So I just created an Excel spreadsheet to see how many USELESS channels I pay for with my SELECT package.  Results = too many to continue to count!  I have 3 categories:

Valuable, Invaluable, Not in my plan.  I categorized the "invaluable" column channels by: advertisement, movie rental channels; and channels that have not been assigned yet.  Before I tired, I stopped at channel 615, I realized I had over 285 channels that absolutely add NO VALUE to my package.  These channels are mostly advertisements or channels requesting additional monies (movies or add to my package). Only 104 have some level of value AND 10 channels are not in my plan.  The problem??? is that my SELECT package is a joke!  I pay for TV shows not to shop or buy movies!  I already spend a fortune on your service.  

And to top it all off I have been without my local NBC channel for over a month now.  Have you offered to lower my bill or offer a rebate until this is resolved...Absolutely NOT!  You continue to bill me for the mediocre package with the loss of one my major local channels.

I implore other customers to really research what channels they are getting and categorize what is valuable and invaluable, I think you too will see that we have packages that are really useless and overpriced!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

5 years ago

The content providers package their channels just like DTV does then ask the providers which package to you want just like DTV. Infomercial and shopping channels pay DTV or the channels helping to lower your bill.

The clause in the TOS states that channels and programs are subject to change at anytime so legally DTV doesn't have to give refunds/credits but have been if you call.

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

5 years ago

@monunn71 

Channels cannot be picked al-a-carte. Channels package themselves to TV providers who have to provide in packages per that setup. Best we as customers can do is make sure we are in the best fitting package for what we watch.

Select, Entertainment, Choice, Xtra, Ultimate, Premier: https://support.directv.com/dtv-programming/360

Family: https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/compare/printablePackageChannels.jsp?packageId=960004&referrer=https://support.directv.com/dtv-programming/3245

A few channel changes this year: https://www.att.com/tvchannelupdates/

Since you are in the 2nd lowest package (Select), I suggest reviewing the Family package as that is the only one below yours in cost. It removes some channels and adds in others so only works for a small set of people, or as way to save money for a while.

You want credit for a little local being gone? Then call DirecTV. There is no proactive credit as channels can change at any time (per Terms of Service) and not all of us care about those locals.

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@EdithH wrote:

... I would of went to DISH Network ! They resolve this stuff quick and it doesnt carry on for months and months. ....

Better do some research about that claim. Check the Dish Network forums. They have a much worse track record than DirecTV when it comes to settling these sorts of disputes. 

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

5 years ago

@EdithH wrote:

ATT and nexstar have made a deal with CBS! where are my channels! 

AT&T and Nexstar? That is incorrect as AT&T/DirecTV is in negotiations with Nexstar.

AT&T/DirecTV have made a deal with stations directly owned by CBS (includes the Smithsonian channel as well).

They have not yet come to a deal with Nexstar Media Group, which is a affiliate of CBS and some other networks.

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

5 years ago

@Allposts1 wrote:

I sent a similar message yesterday and got a general response.

I guess the reason I got a response was my use of 3 simple words  “BREACH of contract.

I was quickly informed of a clause in my contract which states they can change any part of my contract whenever they want to.

a friend of mine does some at home work for Direct TV.

they are working on their existing contracts and apparently AT&T wants to raise their rates too high.

I too am very disappointed in this crap. AT&T made me feel like they were laughing in my face.  Grrrr. 

TV providers need that clause as it is impossible to guarantee any channel will always be there as they don't own them. So channels are subject to change as they are under the control of their owners and not the TV providers.

For reference here is the clause in DirecTV's Terms of Service: 

(d) Our Programming Changes.

Many factors affect the availability, cost and quality of programming and may influence the decision to raise prices and the amount of any increase. These include, among others, programming and other costs, consumer demand, market and shareholder expectations, and changing business conditions. Accordingly, we reserve the unrestricted right to change, rearrange, add or delete our programming packages, the selections in those packages, our prices, technologies used to deliver the Service, and any other Service we offer, at any time.

Master

• 

9K Messages

5 years ago

there are channels you consider useless i may like, and channels i may like you would consider useless

Teacher

• 

41 Messages

5 years ago

AT&T U-Verse IS on our side. It’s Nexstar that wants all the money. You can watch local channels over the air using an antenna or on the channel’s app.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.