For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

@phytoplankton wrote:
Good for you, I'm right behind you.  Juniper is or was an ATT/Direct employee, no one with any kind of life would know the inner workings of billing and channel packages unless they are or were an employee.  

@Juniper  You deserve the "NOT AN EMPLOYEE AWARD".

Edible Arrangement

NOT AN EMPLOYEE AWARD is given to those that are not nor have ever been

an AT&T employee but are continously accused of being an employee

even though employees are designed as such.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

It's been over a month and still no CBS channels.  Lower Bill's? Channels coming back??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I want to know how DIRECTV customers are going to be compensated or credited for not having CBS channels for 3 weeks?  Seems like my next bill should be reduced a bit to compensate for the loss of the #1 network.   Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

They are offering credits. Log into your account to see if you have been offered a credit.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

5 years ago

If channel is directly owned by CBS, then yes it is coming back as they announced this morning an agreement was reached.

If channel is owned by local affiliate Nexstar, then not yet coming back as they are still negotiating.

To date, no proactive credit is being provided. Like all TV providers, clause in the terms of service state channels can change at any time. Your billing is have access to locals, not any specific local channel being guaranteed. However if you call DirecTV they may give you a credit as a courtesy.

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

One thing you’ve carefully avoided answering, not that at this point I would believe you, but were you a former employee?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

It had been reported that a deal has been made between CBS and AT&T. Even a chat agent for DirectTV Now confirmed that CBS is back. However it is still unavailable. They tried to walk me through steps to reset my account on my devices. Did not work. On the zip code look up it says CBS is not available. So when will it be available again?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

When is cbs and nbc coming back. I read somewhere that cbs is back as of today but still don’t have it. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

@phytoplankton  Employees are clearly marked. Former employees are marked with a former employee tag. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

@phytoplankton  Former employees that have been separated from the company at least 8years will have the same tag as the general public

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.