For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Guru

• 

417 Messages

5 years ago

So either AT&T or Nextstar is lying about extending the current contract during negotiations. 

AT&T's TVPROMISE says this: 

Nexstar has removed its channels from your lineup even though we offered Nexstar more money to keep them available to you. Nexstar simply said no and elected to remove them from your lineups instead, putting you in the middle of its negotiations.

My local station, WCMH Channel 4 in Columbus posted this: 

Q: Are you still negotiating with AT&T and DIRECTV?

A: We were negotiating and offered to extend our current deal multiple times while we vigorously attempted to provide both sides more time to reach a fair agreement.  In the time leading up to the expiration of the agreement with DIRECTV/AT&T, Nexstar not only offered an extension until August 2, it also offered DIRECTV/AT&T its availability “over the next 30 days to meet with you in-person on the following dates:  July 12, 13, 14, 15, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 as well as August 1 and 2” adding, “We are willing to dedicate as many of these dates as needed.  Not knowing when you and your decision makers are available, to avoid any disruption in service to your customers and our viewers in 97 markets across the country, we propose an extension of the current agreement through Friday August 2nd.”  This extension was not accepted.

They can't both be true. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

5 years ago

The channels control their feed and turned it off whenever it suited them so how can DTV tell you about it and why didn't the channel warn you?

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

5 years ago

It's my understanding that Nexstar offerred to continue the current contract till Aug 2nd while negations continued.  It was Directv that pulled the channels.  This makes sense since we heard nothing of this till the channels were gone.

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@satdaddy wrote:

It's my understanding that Nexstar offerred to continue the current contract till Aug 2nd while negations continued.  It was Directv that pulled the channels.  This makes sense since we heard nothing of this till the channels were gone.

Of course NexStar has every reason to say that. There are two sides to every story. I've seen this exact situation play out in way too many cities with way too many greedy station owners that I'm more inclined to believe AT&T's side of the story. Service providers like DirecTV have no incentive to pull a channel. It's simply NexStar trying to pressure their viewers to pressure the TV service provider.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

5 years ago

DTV can't remove a channel if they get the feed for that channel they have to send it to you as that is what the contract says they have to do.  Your channel is trying to confuse the issue to blame DTV.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Frustrating!!! Please put the local channel back on!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Not providing channel 8 my local station. 

You will loose my business!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

5 years ago

Complain to the channel and their owners.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

So then if someone else owns the channel, explain to us why we are paying AT&T every month to use the owners channels?? What is the point of AT&T and all the “sorry’s for the inconveniences” from AT&T paying customers have to endure????? I want a refund on my bill for services I am not receiving that I am paying for from AT&T. So much for our planned evening for watching the Daytona 500 tonight. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Correct! We tried to remedy the loss of the NFL Network- we’ll not work that hard any longer. While I’ve got them on the phone completely dropping all cable and internet services with them ( we’re going with multiple smaller companies and completely ignoring llandline), we will be switching 3 of our 7 cell lines to sprint. As the others are paid off, they’ll be switched too. I swear this is my last go-round with the company formerly known as AT&T!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.