Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Parbogie wrote:

Yesterday I tune to the usual channel for local CBS (Portland, OR) and I get a screen saying you are sorry that Nexstar has removed their channel? What is that supposed to mean? I already have a pretty short fuse with DirecTV so if this is not resolved soon I will be shopping for an alternative and be done for good. There are so many options to watch TV now, and with streaming there is not much need for the likes of DTV or DISH or Comcast. This must be resolved soon or there will be a mass exodus of subscribers and you will have yourself to blame.

Here we go again ☹

Realize that the corporation that owns the stations pulled your channel, not DirecTV. This is an all too common negotiating tactic used by these corporations to extort more money from TV service providers.  None are immune, so even switching providers won't help.

You will need to use an off-air antenna until they allow DirecTV to provide them again. If you can receive the station with an off-air antenna, this is a good time to request DirecTV’s Local Channel Connector (if you have HR44/HR54). It’s free. And some folks are getting a credit on their account, too. Call DirecTV …. 1 800 531 5000 

You'll also want to contact the corporation that owns these stations. Request that they allow DirecTV to continue carrying them while negotiations continue. And ask them why providers like Dish, DirecTV and Comcast must pay them anything when they get to use our public airwaves for FREE?!?  After all, these service providers increase their overall viewership and advertising revenue.  They're shooting themselves in the foot!

The FCC and Congress could easily fix this. Just allow service providers to deliver an out-of-area station when local stations get greedy. But I fear that the broadcast TV lobby is too powerful to ever let that happen.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have a feeling everyone is blaming AT&T when in fact it is Nexstar playing hardball and dropping stations. Either way, you better do something quick or I am gone!

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

5 years ago

I would suggest calling the billing office and asking for a promotional rate. This rate could be $30 or more off your bill. It could also include channels like HBO for free for a certain amount of time. Keep a note of when these rates end and call back. I haven't paid full price for my U-Verse services in a number of years.

Unfortunately, due to FCC regulations, they simply cannot offer an alternative channel. I would suggest using an antenna or a device like a Roku to watch those shows. Many of the shows also appear on the channel's website a day or two after they're aired.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Between the constant pixelated picture and now THIS? Done with them. They could have prevented this. Always a problem. Yet my bill always seems to inch up. Business office on Monday!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

To Whom this may concern,
I am missing my local KRON 4
News Station. I don't care whose
at fault. GET IT TURNED BACK ON!
Direct TV or Nexstar get it together
local News Stations are very important
in the Bay Area not everything is about money.
STOP HOLDING LOCAL STATIONS HOSTAGE!

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@1q2w3e wrote:
To Whom this may concern,
I am missing my local KRON 4
News Station. I don't care whose
at fault. GET IT TURNED BACK ON!
Direct TV or Nexstar get it together
local News Stations are very important
in the Bay Area not everything is about money.
STOP HOLDING LOCAL STATIONS HOSTAGE!

Here we go again 🙂

Realize that the corporation that owns the stations pulled your channel, not DirecTV. This is an all too common negotiating tactic used by these corporations to extort more money from TV service providers.  None are immune, so even switching providers won't help.

You will need to use an off-air antenna until they allow DirecTV to provide them again. If you can receive the station with an off-air antenna, this is a good time to request DirecTV’s Local Channel Connector (if you have HR44/HR54). It’s free. And some folks are getting a credit on their account, too. Call DirecTV …. 1 800 531 5000 

You'll also want to contact the corporation that owns these stations. Request that they allow DirecTV to continue carrying them while negotiations continue. And ask them why providers like Dish, DirecTV and Comcast must pay them anything when they get to use our public airwaves for FREE?!?  After all, these service providers increase their overall viewership and advertising revenue.  They're shooting themselves in the foot!

The FCC and Congress could easily fix this. Just allow service providers to deliver an out-of-area station when local stations get greedy. But I fear that the broadcast TV lobby is too powerful to ever let that happen.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Nexstar blackout on all AT&T/DIRECTV/UVERSE networks during contract negotiation dispute.

Please give me a really good reason to stay with AT&T? High costs & fees getting outrageous as it is!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

i am disappointed that cbs programming has been pulled.  The individual fees for service are high, so pls work quickly to resolve your contract with Nexstar.  thank you

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Well 911 I realize that all service providers go through this. But when the competitor can give me the same service for $100 less a month for three yrs. And by the way even without the 3 yr discount its still cheaper by $30 for the same service. What would you do then! stick with ATT? Well I'm trying to hold down costs also.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Doesn’t direct tv make enough money already…..aren’t they ripping the consumer off already with their ridiculous prices…..those of you that side with corporate America are as bad as them.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.