For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am in Upstate NY and we are now missing 3 channels due to dispute.  Nexstar (Which is the ABC affiliate up here), Fox and MYTV channel.  These are 3 channels I watch regularly.  They say, well you can get them free over the air.  If I'm going to invest in an over the air antenna, I'm going to DROP Direct TV.  This is ridiculous.  It would be one thing if we were compensated, but we are not.  

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I did contact Nexstar. I did complain and demanded they “turn the stations
back on”. As with AT&T, they lied and pointed the finger back to “the
other party”. Would you expect anything different?

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

5 years ago

I can't seem to find my posts to both Watching DirecTV & Watching U-verse which basically went like this:

[Title] Help for Customers whose Channels were Removed by Nexstar

"Fellow & sister AT&T customers whose channels are being removed by Nextsar:

You can tell Nexstar what you think of their business practices right here: jpruett (at) nexstar (dot)  tv  

and while emailing Ms. Julie Pruett, request your messages be sent directly to Perry A. Sook, Nexstar's greedy butt CEO.

This is the most direct way to air your grievances to the Texas media group that is causing the problem."

To whoever responds: please don't post generic advice on how to use the search features, I know how to use them, thanks. Searching by most recent date should have brought up my post within the last 10 pages at least & it's not there. Searching by name / poster is queer... it's as if I don't exist as a member.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Where does this stand?! I have been with out my local NBC channel since February and no new updates!! NBC has all my favorite shoes that I watch and DVR and I’m sick and tired of getting the run around by DirecTV and no answers or ACTION!!!! Please get this resolved and bring NBC back to us. Right now you both are nothing but CRIMINALS and your using your customers as hostages!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I wanted to get those chennels  back those ones I watch the most my and my mother in law.so can and will you put then back or I will have to do something different.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

WKRN channel 2 in Nashville is also gone. AT&T say that there is nothing they can do about it. That it is NEXSTAR that pulled the channel. That leaves people like me being able to watch ABC shows. Yet AT&T wants me to pay my bill but is not giving me what I should have.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

5 years ago

@qpzmal wrote:

WKRN channel 2 in Nashville is also gone. AT&T say that there is nothing they can do about it. That it is NEXSTAR that pulled the channel. That leaves people like me being able to watch ABC shows. Yet AT&T wants me to pay my bill but is not giving me what I should have.

Nexstar owns your local affiliate (WKRN). As a negotiating tactic they pulled the feed, hoping to use us customer to leverage for higher rates. AT&T cannot force them to return the feed. For more info: https://tvpromise.att.com/

Channels are subject to change and have a local go dark during negotiations does not guarantee any compensation. If no locals were provided, that would be another matter. You can call and see about any credit or possibly other discounts you may qualify for, just there is no requirement  that there will be.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

We have the minimum U-Verse television package available bundled with our wi-fi. And we are fine with just the 9 channels. What we are not fine with, however, is now getting 7 channels. Because we’re caught in the middle of a contract dispute between AT & T and Nexstar.

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

5 years ago

For you AT&T customers whose channels are being removed by Nextsar:

You can tell Nexstar what you think of their business practices right here: jpruett (at) nexstar (dot)  tv  

While emailing Ms. Julie Pruett, request your messages be sent directly to Perry A. Sook, Nexstar's CEO.

This is the most direct way to air your grievances to the Texas media group that is causing the problem.

I would like to post this info in a separate stand-alone post so it doesn't get lost in this huge thread, but I'm not quite sure the best section to put it in. I had posted this info separately in Watching DirecTV & Watching U-verse earlier but can't seem to find them now.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have lost my local NBC channel. Says the owner has removed it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.