Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Iv been a loyal customer just like several other thousands and pay for all channels.
Pay 190.00 a month and this is the thanks we get.
Your about to loose a lot of people because of your greed .
Dish network is sounding really good rite now

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Freedom2014 wrote:
Iv been a loyal customer just like several other thousands and pay for all channels.
Pay 190.00 a month and this is the thanks we get.
Your about to loose a lot of people because of your greed .
Dish network is sounding really good rite now

And you would be happy paying even more each month just because local station owners want more and more subscriber money to provide their stations?  Who's being greedy?  And be sure to check the Dish Network forums because they have these same contract dispute issues, along with Comcast and everyone else.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

All I want to know is WHEN are we getting our LOCAL channel back??? Be big boys and girls, play nice, and stop negotiating over a price for something that USED to be completely free!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

it doesn't do any good to griping because they are just doong.tjis to try to get more money out of the customers. I say they broke the contract now so we should be able to drop them and go with someone else with no problem.

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

7 years ago

@1cecil1, your local station ownership "broke" the contract and forced DirecTV to drop their channel.  DirecTV didn't do anything to break their contract with you.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

7 years ago

@ThinksImscrewed DTV and all other providers have always payed for local stations they have never been free, they are only free if you get them OTA. Only the local channel controls when they will return their feed to DTV.

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

7 years ago

Local channels are free over-the-air (OTA). Don't need any provider, just a regular OTA antenna.

Directv pays the local channels to carry them, but provides them as a complimentary perk to us. It is not a requirement of service as they are free OTA. No contract was broken with the customer. Directv's agreement with the local came up, local wants more money, Directv wants to keep price reasonable so it can stay complimentary instead of charging for locals.

"Be big boys and girls, play nice, and stop negotiating over a price..." Negotiating is playing nice. What may be considered not nice is that the local has the option to stay on while they are negotiating as a sign of good faith, but chooses not to in order to hold customers hostage in an attempt to leverage them against Directv. Not a situation we like, but it is their option as they hold the broadcast rights.

And for anyone still shouting "I will switch providers!", that will not solve the problem. All tv providers go through negotiations as they don't own the channel. Realistically you are not going to switch again, and again, and again every time a negotiation pops up. What would be better is plugging an OTA antenna in as a stance against the rising costs of locals (costs which would threaten to eventually raise our bill). Since you get whatever locals are in range you may pick up more locals that Directv doesn't have at all (like most sub-channels) or locals from a neighboring market they are not allowed by Federal regulations to provide you. And gives you a backup if there is ever a technical issue preventing you from enjoying Directv on that tv.

And make sure you are sending your complaint to the local affiliate that is staying off.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Owners are absurd  in negotiations.

this is not a new phase, just a more narcissistic one.  

How dare you play with my paid for services.  Arrogance, self absorbed beings running my life!

my written words are under scrutiny.  How about those manipulating my service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am not getting my CBS station and they keep telling me that they are still in negotiations  bull I am still paying the same amount  each month. This is bull {edited for word filter evasion}should not take this long I am planning to cancel my service .

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Want NBC back I am missing my favorite shows.  Too bad I am tied into a 2 yr. contract because I would go to another provider if I was not.  How much longer will this issue exist?  I am getting very tired of this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.