AustinTX#1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 10:50 PM

Longhorn Network - Just say 'No'

I greatly appreciate the value provided by AT&T in bundling tv/wireless/internet services.  Similarly, the bundling of channels allows customers to access a variety of programming at substantial savings.

However, occasionally, programming comes along that is so expensive and directed at such a narrow, niche market that it deserves to be left off of the programming options or ordered solely as an 'a la carte' option.  If the reports about the price tag  to cable providers  to offer the 'longhorn network' (by ESPN) are accurate, the only way it could be added to current bundled programming packages is at substantial cost to MANY people who have no interest in the programming. 

Please AT&T, keep prices low, by either not offering or charging ONLY those who desire this programming option.

Thanks!

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

Was listening to our local sports radio station the other day and the hosts, Richie and Greggo, they were talking about the lack of providers that carry the school in Austin's network. They mentioned that the coach and the president of the university couldn't get it at their house and that it's not even available on the campus itself.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Now THAT's funny! Smiley Very Happy

Sounds like a winner! Smiley LOL

@oufanindallas wrote:

Was listening to our local sports radio station the other day and the hosts, Richie and Greggo, they were talking about the lack of providers that carry the school in Austin's network. They mentioned that the coach and the president of the university couldn't get it at their house and that it's not even available on the campus itself.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

Actually it is available on campus because Grande Communications carries the network, and they provide TV services on campus.  It is not available outside of the campus in the Austin area because Time Warner, who services that area, does not carry the network.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@spd2demun wrote:

Now THAT's funny! Smiley Very Happy

Sounds like a winner! Smiley LOL

@oufanindallas wrote:

I was taking a drink when the said it and had to clean off my monitor at work.  My manager is a huge university in Austin fan and as you can tell I'm a HUGE OU fan and we have a friendly rivalry going on each year.  All in good fun.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I'm a direct TV customer, for the LHN I would switch to U-verse is a second.  Bring it and watch the other guys jump to get the LHN in thier lineup.

Finally a chance to see my Longhorns channel for real 

Bring it U-verse

Scholar

• 

282 Messages

12 years ago

THE PAC 12 NETWORK is supposed to be available on time warner in Austin, Tx!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I wouldn't switch to TWC if they did pick up the LHN, they suck in the worst way.

Love Roadrunner hate TWC cable.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@CTEL08 wrote:

THE PAC 12 NETWORK is supposed to be available on time warner in Austin, Tx!

And that's going to cause folks to switch providers in droves?  In Austin? Won't even register on the interest scale. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I support the NO to the Longhorn Network crowd!!!

I have Uverse 300 and have loved Uverse since the day we got it.  We have Comcast or Uverse as the two big options in our area (Humble...just outside of Houston).  Of course we could go the satellite route but I'd prefer to avoid that if possible.

Comcast absolutely sucks!!!

Of course Uverse has had it's glitches here and there with cable boxes and sometimes the connection but that's few and far between and they've always been prompt on correcting any issues.

What I won't tolerate is taking on such a narrowly focused channel and dumping it into the bundles.  If Uverse wants to offer the LHN it better be as a stand-alone subscription channel that folks have to specifically sign up for and pay for themselves.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Go ahead and add it AT&T and you will get my patronage for a long long time! If not, then why we are at it, how about you cancel all the stations these other people watch, that I do not because I do not want to subsidize their viewing either. That should bring my bill down a bit.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.