Mblcrwc's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 1st, 2015 8:21 AM

Local weather channel

New to U Verse and I can't find a weather channel with my local weather reports given frequently like I had previously with my cable TV. In NC. Can you help?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@Mblcrwc wrote:
New to U Verse and I can't find a weather channel with my local weather reports given frequently like I had previously with my cable TV. In NC. Can you help?

The Weather Channel is 225/1225 and Weather On Demand is 227/1227 or thru the Interactive Button on your remote.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

The only two weather channels are The Weather Channel (225/1225) and the Weather on Demand app (227).  The Weather Channel has an App that gets launched at that channel that provides some additional local information.

No, the Local on the 8s does not function as it does on a local cable system.  The Weather Channel is broadcast for the entire country from the single NVHO, so everyone gets the same live feed.  There is no local insertion gear at the local VHO like there could be at a local Cable Headend.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

The only two weather channels are The Weather Channel (225/1225) and the Weather on Demand app (227).  The Weather Channel has an App that gets launched at that channel that provides some additional local information.

No, the Local on the 8s does not function as it does on a local cable system.  The Weather Channel is broadcast for the entire country from the single NVHO, so everyone gets the same live feed.  There is no local insertion gear at the local VHO like there could be at a local Cable Headend.

Also, if you press the Volume button while on The Weather Channel, it will pull up WOD as a side bar.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

As of today U verse took away 227 and 1227 for weather on demand. Yet another station gone. Besides the Weather Channel we have no local weather now. I contacted AT&T and they said the station is now gone with no replacement. Very disappointed.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

8 years ago

Do you have a smartphone? I'd suggest an app which can give you far better weather (and immediate alerts) whereas the Weather Channel can't.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Neither of these channels gives a real local weather report like the Xfinity I had in Little Rock while I have Little Rock selected as my local location on the Uverse option.  What I get on the "Local on the 8's" is a generic radar map, not my local radar that was on Xfinity in Little Rock.  I do get the local forecast and report, but what I miss is being able to watch the local radar, which IS NOT available on any of the channels you note.  It is very, VERY frustrating. 

Scholar

• 

75 Messages

7 years ago

I noticed that there wasn't any local weather insertion segment on Uverse also. So I like to use the Local Now app on Roku. They advertise it on the Weather Channel. It is free if you subscribe to cable tv or IPTV like Uverse. So you have to log in.

You will select your zip code as your area. Then select Uverse as your cable tv provider. Then it will give you a Roku code that you will then go to activate on Local now's website. The nice thing is it automatically detects you are on Uverse and you don't have to give your email address and password.

I also sometimes use the Local now android app. It will also automatically log you on if you are on your home Uverse internet when verifying your cable tv credentials. 

I like Local now. It just seems to forget your log in credentials on Roku every so often which is annoying.

It may work a lot better on Amazon Fire TV in letting you stay logged in.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

They don't have any local weather.   The Weather Channel is national.  Basically, you need to use a local weather app in you mobile device,

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Are there any plans to make provide local weather on Uverse similar to what was available on CableTV?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have the same problem. I have received local on the interactive button. But on our cable we had the local on the 8's scroll on the bottom. We have all the US cities but not our location. We live in an area with severe storms so we need to keep on top of that.. How can we get the local on the 8's for our city ? 8.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.