oufanindallas's profile
ACE - Master

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

Tuesday, October 8th, 2013 7:16 PM

Live Streaming to SmartPhones and Tablets

AT&T announced in a Bulletin that as of yesterday you can now stream 100 channels to your smart phone/tablet inside your house and 20 channels outside your house.

Read the bulletin here.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, I have a similar issue saying the connection to the server has been lost. Going on a few weeks now using the Note 3.

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

10 years ago

It has been nearly a week and have not been able to access Live TV on Uverse mobile app. Anyone else try this and experiencing the same thing? 

The app gives me a pop up message when trying to access Live TV of "The Uverse Mobile Servie is Temporarily Unavailable. Please Try Again Later".

Anyone have any info when it will be back up?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

I saw these posts and tried my uverse on ipad & got the same message & hit the live TV button at the bottom of the page & it worked. A little slow starting up. but, it works. After that each start did not cause the error display.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

I have not been able to get uverse.com to recognize my home network on either my desktop, laptop, or tablet.  It worked briefly on my laptop until I was told by some app that my java needed to upgraded.  After the Java upgrade, it no longer recognized my home network.

On my tablet, Surface Pro running W8.1, when I try to install the plug-in, it tells me to check my firewall and doesn't do anything.  It doesn't appear to be RG firewall, does anyone else know what firewall it is referring to and what setting in the firewall it doesn't like?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

I was also getting the message "Server Connection Lost" when trying to stream Live TV from the U-verse Android App.

I logged out of the app and logged back in and it worked after that.  See if that works for you.  Hopefully it won't have to be done often.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

@jamesteixeira wrote:

I have not been able to get uverse.com to recognize my home network on either my desktop, laptop, or tablet.  It worked briefly on my laptop until I was told by some app that my java needed to upgraded.  After the Java upgrade, it no longer recognized my home network.

On my tablet, Surface Pro running W8.1, when I try to install the plug-in, it tells me to check my firewall and doesn't do anything.  It doesn't appear to be RG firewall, does anyone else know what firewall it is referring to and what setting in the firewall it doesn't like?

The Uverse.com site uses a Java applet to authenticate that you're on your home network.  I wonder if you could find and remove the old Java applet and get it to reload.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

I can't install the plug-in in IE11 .  It worked in Google Chrome version 31.  In IE11 all it does when I click the Install Plug-In  button is the following.  I have Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1, version 7 update 51 of Java.

LIVE Player Plug-in Installation Guide

Required for viewing LIVE in-home-only content on your U-verse Home Network.

Your computer must meet the following minimum system requirements to watch in-home-only live channels

PC: Windows 7 or newer

• One of the following browsers: Internet Explorer 9 or newer,
    Firefox (latest version), Chrome (latest version)
  • Java 7

Mac: OS X 10.7.3 (Lion) or newer

• One of the following browsers: Safari (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
  • Java 7
Please check your firewall settings or connect your computer to your U-verse gateway using an Ethernet cable.

Nothing shows up after this.  In google, there were some buttons that showed.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.