oufanindallas's profile
ACE - Master

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

Tuesday, October 8th, 2013 7:16 PM

Live Streaming to SmartPhones and Tablets

AT&T announced in a Bulletin that as of yesterday you can now stream 100 channels to your smart phone/tablet inside your house and 20 channels outside your house.

Read the bulletin here.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

Nice Thank You

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

This article shows supported smart phones as well, not just iPhones.

From the message in the link below:

U-verse App: Existing subscribers will need to update their app to the latest software release to receive these changes. New subscribers will receive the live TV feature with initial app download.
Uverse.com: Upon visiting the LIVE TV page (Uverse.com/Live) users will be encouraged to Sign-In and are then presented with the option to install a browser plugin that will help to identify the subscriber’s connection location.

iPad: 9/30
Uverse.com: 10/4
iPhone: 10/16
Android Tablet: 10/21
Android Phone: 10/21

http://forums.att.com/t5/Applications/live-tv-on-ipad/m-p/3643899#M1904

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

Nothing Nokia

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@oufanindallas wrote:

This article shows supported smart phones as well, not just iPhones.

From the message in the link below:

U-verse App: Existing subscribers will need to update their app to the latest software release to receive these changes. New subscribers will receive the live TV feature with initial app download.
Uverse.com: Upon visiting the LIVE TV page (Uverse.com/Live) users will be encouraged to Sign-In and are then presented with the option to install a browser plugin that will help to identify the subscriber’s connection location.

iPad: 9/30
Uverse.com: 10/4
iPhone: 10/16
Android Tablet: 10/21
Android Phone: 10/21

http://forums.att.com/t5/Applications/live-tv-on-ipad/m-p/3643899#M1904

Uverse.com is stuck at 12 or so channels.  Apparently they pushed up the iPhone development ahead of the uverse.com one. 

Explorer

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

Meh.  It's cool that the functionality is there but they definitely need more channels.  Until then, meh from me!

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@pacman_85 wrote:

Meh.  It's cool that the functionality is there but they definitely need more channels.  Until then, meh from me!

You want all channels? Get a slingbox.  Best investment I've ever made. As long as you have an internet connection you can watch your tv from anywhere in the world. 

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

10 years ago

Got the Android update today, looks good! Had an error with the app saying I couldn't watch certain channels because I was not on my home network when in fact I was but a simple reboot cleared that up. Still not seeing NFL Network though unfortunately 😞

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

I watched a good bit of the Panthers/Bucaneers game on the NFL Network on Uverse.com last night.

~5 Mbps of bandwidth.

The viewer technology varies by channel provider, so a consistant experience will not result.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

I watched a few channels at work on my phone just to test it out. I have a Droid RAZR M. Worked like a champ. Haven't checked my in home feed yet.

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

10 years ago

Anyone else having issues with Uverse Live Tv app. Has not worked for me the last two days. I get a pop up message that says the uverse live tv app is currently unavailable.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.