Linda661's profile

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

Thursday, October 13th, 2011 11:04 PM

Lately there's no episode information

I've noticed in the last few weeks that a lot of times there is no episode information for upcoming episodes.  I'm not talking shows that are 2 weeks away, but ones that are coming up in the next few days.  Like for instance Bones will have info for one or two and then the rest just say "Bones"  No episode name or info.  I really like to see if a rerun is coming up that I will enjoy seeing again.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Well, Friday this was finally fixed, all Scheduled Recordings will have descriptions just as they are in the Guide; which was standard operating procedure before phase 3 was downloaded.  Yeah!!!

Another thing I noticed is more than 4 actors listed in the descriptions. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Scholar

• 

81 Messages

12 years ago

I 've noticed it for a few months that not unil a day or two before that there will be episode info.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

This has been happening since I have had Uverse.  It can be a drag.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

@Linda661 wrote:

I've noticed in the last few weeks that a lot of times there is no episode information for upcoming episodes.  I'm not talking shows that are 2 weeks away, but ones that are coming up in the next few days.  Like for instance Bones will have info for one or two and then the rest just say "Bones"  No episode name or info.  I really like to see if a rerun is coming up that I will enjoy seeing again.

This is the thread about this from the THDVR forum:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Total-Home-DVR/Phase-3-Issue-Scheduled-recordings-episode-descriptions-not/td-p/2804851

It did start w/phase 3 download, before that every show in the Scheduled Recordings had a description, some might have been generic until closer to air time. 

I've found two workarounds, use the more showtimes button, find the same episode and usually will fill in the description there and when you go back it will be on your scheduled show.  Other workaround, go to the show in the Guide and bring up the description, when you go back to Scheduled Recordings, the description will be there. 😉

Chris

1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm a new subscriber (had Uverse 1 week) and this is my number one issue - I haven't seen ANY episode numbers on any programs.

With a free preview of HBO, Showtime, etc, it's nice to sample some of their shows.  But I'd want to watch the episodes in order, so being able to see if I'm starting with Episode 1.  Or if I've seen the 1st season and now need to start at the first episode of season 2, being able to find episode 14 is important.

I do see information about the episodes, just no episode numbers.

Based on the rest of the info from the thread, though of you that had episode info, lost it, and now have it back, does that info also include episode NUMBERS?  Or were they just never included to begin with?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

We'ver never had episode #s, just Original air Date which you have to go by to watch them in ordeer. 😉

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the info everyone.  While it's frustrating to know episode number was available on Time Warner Cable and Dish network, at least I know it being missing on UVerse is "normal".

The IMDB route is actually what I used the last 2 nights, so it's a good work-around 🙂

Adventurer

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

If you have an iPad, the the guide in the AT&T Uverse app has episode information.  It can also set up recordings, and be used as a remote.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.