Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Keep News 9 / News on 6 / CBS (Oklahoma)

Former Employee

Keep News 9 / News on 6 / CBS (Oklahoma)

One of the things that makes me and my family stay with Uverse TV is Our local Channels!
I rely on News 9 in bad weather! They have the best local coverage for Oklahoma

Message 5 of 368
Contributor

Keep News 9

I am inquiring about the possibility of losing news channel 9 on AT&T Uverse. We love our uverse channels, but will be switching to Cox if AT&T does not come to terms with News Channel 9. We watch several shows on this channel, so PLEASE keep News Channel 9.

Thank you!

Message 241 of 368
Contributor

Save Channel 6

Keep News on 6 programming.  This is the only channel I watch when watching the news.

Message 242 of 368
ACE - Professor

Re: Save Channel 6

@Sudibird wrote:

Keep News on 6 programming.  This is the only channel I watch when watching the news.

Keeping a news format on Channel 6 is up to the owners of Channel 6, Griffin Communications. AT&T does not decide what format a channel is going to use.

If you are concerned about Channel 6 no longer being in the U-verse lineup after today, I would call, along with all of your friends, Channel 6, and tell them to relay to their owner, Griffin Communications, that Griffin Communications is asking for an outrageous fee from AT&T in order to allow AT&T  to continue showing the channel. Tell Channel 6 you will not put up with their (Griffin Communications) greed, and blame them if the channel is removed from the U-verse lineup, not AT&T.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 243 of 368
Contributor

We are Loseing CBS and News On 6 Starting Jan. 6 at 5p.

AT&T we don't want to lose News On 6 and CBS! Please come to an agreement so we will not lose this station.

Message 244 of 368
Contributor

Oklahoma Channel 6

I was a 15 year customer with cablevision. I switched to Direct and now U-verse. Ive been very satisfied with all my ATT services and a loyal customer for the past 6 yrs. I would be very disatified if I could no longer recieve Channel 6 out of Tulsa, OK. It is my main news station. Without out having channel 6 available, a tuff decision on my part would have to be made as to who will be providing me service in the future.  

Message 245 of 368
Contributor

keep news 9

We use channel 9 for news and programming. If we lose. Channel 9.we will no longer need AT&T uverse. We have been loyal customers for years. But we relie on channel 9 for our news and weather. So I appreciate u for letting me voice my opinion. Thank u
Message 246 of 368
Contributor

Keep Oklahoma News On 6 programming

I find this quite agrevating that it is even considered by AT&T to discontinue any of the 5 main local stations in Oklahoma.  I've heard this about One American News as well.  Don't do this or I'm canceling the next day.  And I won't just cancel cable but internet and cell as well.  It should be a law that the local channels absolutely have to be provided.  There is just too much information needed.

Kolleen

Message 247 of 368
ACE - Expert

Re: Keep Oklahoma News On 6 programming

There should also be a law that local stations can't charge ever-increasing fees to service providers like U-verse, Comcast, etc.   It's station owner greed that's causing this, not U-verse.  Ask yourself why you should pay more to receive stations that broadcast over-the-air for free?  And be sure to lean on the local station to setting this dispute. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 248 of 368
ACE - Expert

Re: keep news 9

Realize that these disputes eventually affect all service providers, not just U-verse, so switching providers isn't the cure.  It's station owner greed that's causing this, not U-verse.  Ask yourself why you should pay more to receive stations that broadcast over-the-air for free?  And be sure to lean on the local station to setting this dispute. 

Message 249 of 368
ACE - Expert

Re: Oklahoma Channel 6

Realize that these disputes eventually affect all service providers, not just U-verse, so switching providers isn't the cure.  It's station owner greed that's causing this, not U-verse.  Ask yourself why you should pay more to receive stations that broadcast over-the-air for free?  And be sure to lean on the local station to settling this dispute. 

Message 250 of 368
Contributor

Re: crap!

I will also be droping ATT U-Verse if we lose CBS programing.  This is ridiculous that we would lose one of our favorite channels.

Message 251 of 368
Scholar

Re: crap!

@rho183 wrote:

I will also be droping ATT U-Verse if we lose CBS programing.  This is ridiculous that we would lose one of our favorite channels.

I hope you are blasting Griffin Communications For their greed also.

Message 252 of 368
Contributor

Keep News 9 programming!

Keep News 9 programming!!!

Message 253 of 368
Contributor

Don't lose KOTV / CBS Tulsa

Keep channel 6 - KOTV!  Most of the programming I watch it on CBS....I can get it online/on demand for $6 a month.   If you lose it, I'll cancel my Uverse.  It'll save me a lot of $.

Message 254 of 368
Contributor

Mad if you drop news 9!!

My problem is even thinking about dropping news 9. If you do we will drop you and go to cox!!!!!!

Message 255 of 368
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support