Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Keep News 9 / News on 6 / CBS (Oklahoma)

Former Employee

Keep News 9 / News on 6 / CBS (Oklahoma)

One of the things that makes me and my family stay with Uverse TV is Our local Channels!
I rely on News 9 in bad weather! They have the best local coverage for Oklahoma

Message 5 of 368
Contributor

Will you keep CBS?

will you keep cbs?

Message 1 of 368
Employee

Re: Will you keep CBS?

What do you mean?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 368
ACE - Expert

Re: Will you keep CBS?

Is there a contractual negotiation/dispute between DirecTV and your local CBS station?   These usually get settled before the station goes away.   

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 368
Contributor

PLEASE, please dont cancel

PLEASE, please don't cancel!!!!!!Man Sad

Message 4 of 368
Visitor

KOTV Tulsa, The News on 6

I am one of no doubt thousands of Tulsa metro area customers who expect AT&T to continue to carry our local CBS affiliate KOTV.   Losing a major network affiliate who is known to have the best local weather coverage in a state known for its severe weather would be a serious error and would force me to reconsider my subscription to U-verse as local stations were guaranteed to me as part of my service package.  

Keep News on 6 AT&T.  

Message 6 of 368
Contributor

Keep News on 6 etc in tulsa

Please do not do away with CBS/Channel 6 in Tulsa! Make an agreement already!

Message 7 of 368
Contributor

Oklahoma CBS

I want ask that you negotiate a deal with Griffin Enterprises to keep CBS programming! I will be canceling UVERSE IF YOU DONT KEEP CBS!!!!

Sincerely
April

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 8 of 368
Contributor

why drop CBS channel CW6 in oklahoma

Dont you think its a bad idea to not renew an important channel? If at&t can't reach a deal with cbs here in oklahoma by December 31 and I lose this channel I will be canceling service and signing up with a competitor that has the programming I want. Not being able to watch the super bowl when I pay over $200 a month is ridiculous. I'm sure there are plenty of other people that feel the same way and most will probably be cancelling there sevice like myself if this isn't resolved.
Message 9 of 368
ACE - Expert

Re: why drop CBS channel CW6 in oklahoma

Do you think AT&T just decided, out of the blue, to drop a channel?

No, its agreement with the channel's owner, the one where the channel's owner gives permission for AT&T to retransmit the channel in return for money from AT&T is about to expire, and the TV station is using you as a willing pawn in its game to extort more money from AT&T this time around.

Feeling used yet?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 368
ACE - Professor

Re: why drop CBS channel CW6 in oklahoma

DIRECTVBLOWS1 wrote:
Dont you think its a bad idea to not renew an important channel? If at&t can't reach a deal with cbs here in oklahoma by December 31 and I lose this channel I will be canceling service and signing up with a competitor that has the programming I want. Not being able to watch the super bowl when I pay over $200 a month is ridiculous. I'm sure there are plenty of other people that feel the same way and most will probably be cancelling there sevice like myself if this isn't resolved.

What are you going to do when your new provider has a contract come due with your Oklahoma City CBS channel? Will you threaten to go to a third provider?

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Message 11 of 368
ACE - Professor

Re: PLEASE, please dont cancel

hikej15 wrote:

PLEASE, please don't cancel!!!!!!Man Sad

Do not worry. I do not plan to cancel my U-verse account at this time.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Message 12 of 368
Tutor

Why are you wanting to drop local stations?

Why are you thinking about dropping News 9 and CBS from u-verse? Its bad enought you don't broadcast their secondary stations but dropping the main channels isn't right.

Message 13 of 368
Contributor

keepnews9

We enjoy the shows on CBS and our local news and weather, therefore we hope it will still be available to us.  Thank you.

Message 14 of 368
Contributor

not carrying a channel

<p>I live in tulsa, oklahoma I get my cbs affliated . We have been told we may be losing cbs due to contract dispute. Please do everything you can so we may keep cbs, I have been with uverse for a long time over 10 years, but I will not give it a second thought to cancel if you can't give me the channels I want.</p>
Message 15 of 368
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support