For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Dc080x's profile

Former Employee

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 18th, 2015 12:48 AM

Keep News 9 / News on 6 / CBS (Oklahoma)

One of the things that makes me and my family stay with Uverse TV is Our local Channels!
I rely on News 9 in bad weather! They have the best local coverage for Oklahoma

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Keep News on 6 programming.  This is the only channel I watch when watching the news.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Sudibird wrote:

Keep News on 6 programming.  This is the only channel I watch when watching the news.

Keeping a news format on Channel 6 is up to the owners of Channel 6, Griffin Communications. AT&T does not decide what format a channel is going to use.

If you are concerned about Channel 6 no longer being in the U-verse lineup after today, I would call, along with all of your friends, Channel 6, and tell them to relay to their owner, Griffin Communications, that Griffin Communications is asking for an outrageous fee from AT&T in order to allow AT&T  to continue showing the channel. Tell Channel 6 you will not put up with their (Griffin Communications) greed, and blame them if the channel is removed from the U-verse lineup, not AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

AT&T we don't want to lose News On 6 and CBS! Please come to an agreement so we will not lose this station.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I was a 15 year customer with cablevision. I switched to Direct and now U-verse. Ive been very satisfied with all my ATT services and a loyal customer for the past 6 yrs. I would be very disatified if I could no longer recieve Channel 6 out of Tulsa, OK. It is my main news station. Without out having channel 6 available, a tuff decision on my part would have to be made as to who will be providing me service in the future.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

We use channel 9 for news and programming. If we lose. Channel 9.we will no longer need AT&T uverse. We have been loyal customers for years. But we relie on channel 9 for our news and weather. So I appreciate u for letting me voice my opinion. Thank u

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I find this quite agrevating that it is even considered by AT&T to discontinue any of the 5 main local stations in Oklahoma.  I've heard this about One American News as well.  Don't do this or I'm canceling the next day.  And I won't just cancel cable but internet and cell as well.  It should be a law that the local channels absolutely have to be provided.  There is just too much information needed.

Kolleen

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

8 years ago

There should also be a law that local stations can't charge ever-increasing fees to service providers like U-verse, Comcast, etc.   It's station owner greed that's causing this, not U-verse.  Ask yourself why you should pay more to receive stations that broadcast over-the-air for free?  And be sure to lean on the local station to setting this dispute. 

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

8 years ago

Realize that these disputes eventually affect all service providers, not just U-verse, so switching providers isn't the cure.  It's station owner greed that's causing this, not U-verse.  Ask yourself why you should pay more to receive stations that broadcast over-the-air for free?  And be sure to lean on the local station to setting this dispute. 

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

8 years ago

Realize that these disputes eventually affect all service providers, not just U-verse, so switching providers isn't the cure.  It's station owner greed that's causing this, not U-verse.  Ask yourself why you should pay more to receive stations that broadcast over-the-air for free?  And be sure to lean on the local station to settling this dispute. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I will also be droping ATT U-Verse if we lose CBS programing.  This is ridiculous that we would lose one of our favorite channels.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.