For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Dc080x's profile

Former Employee

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 18th, 2015 12:48 AM

Keep News 9 / News on 6 / CBS (Oklahoma)

One of the things that makes me and my family stay with Uverse TV is Our local Channels!
I rely on News 9 in bad weather! They have the best local coverage for Oklahoma

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Does this affect "Direct TV" customers? I switched to Direct TV because I can get local channels, we depend on the because of their news reporting and weather alerting. We watch it when we get up and before we go to bed, our day won't be the same.

So if this does affect us, not only will we be missing out on the best programming we can get. But, we will be forced to switch providers because of "breach of contract".

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

If our CBS station is dropped from your line-up, I and my eight Uverse receivers, as well as my HBO and Cinemax subscriptions, will drop you. We have been loyal customers since Uverse was first available in our area. Please do not disappoint and force me to become a Cox customer.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

8 years ago

Look, everybody who has come here from the announcement on your TV that AT&T U-verse is dropping your station:

Several years ago AT&T and the station owners signed a retransmit agreement.  It's set to expire at the end of the year.  For one reason or another, the two parties have not agreed to renew it yet.  Maybe AT&T wants to pay less money.  Maybe the station owners want more money.  Either way it's more money than the free you have to pay to get it on an antenna so that their commercials and shows get seen more clearly and conveniently.  Odds are that, just like so many other such agreements that AT&T has renewed this year, this one will be resolved without a channel going dark for even a minute.

If you've been riled up enough to post here, then I'd also suggest that you call the TV station and tell them you want them to make an agreement with AT&T.  There are two sides to this negotiation, and you might as well not just be a pawn for the station owner, eh?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

To Whom it may concern, News on 6 in Tulsa Oklohoma ( CBS ) Is at risk for AT&T to Terminate.

This Channel Is Needed By clountless Viewers, For Weather Alerts, Local News Ect. as a Faithfull Viewer It would Be in Your also in the Public interest to continue Programimg for This area. Concerend Viewer.

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

8 years ago

Multiple posts about this. The channel is threatening to pull its programming off of DirecTV unless DirecTV agrees to an increase in the retransmission fees. This sort of dispute happens all the time, and usually gets resolved. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Don't take CHANNEL 6 OFF THE AIR. I DON'T WANT TO LOOSE THIS CHANNEL,  I will miss all my good shows and I will be very upset if they are taken off the air.  

Please leave the channel on the air!   

You will be happy that you did!

Att U-verse subscriber

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

8 years ago

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

8 years ago

These contract disputes happen way too often, to all service providers, not just DirecTV.  See, for example, 

https://forums.att.com/t5/DIRECTV-Community-Suggestions/NEWSON-6/m-p/4720238#M128

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Pclark5075  Every local channel in negotiation last few years had not gone black and got negiotiated. Might be better to contact your local station and encourage the station to give Uverse a fair rate.

Why get all worked up now before anything happens, you posting here makes no difference and just clogs up the forums as no one posts to the one main thread. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@LeslieMoore   Every local channel in negotiation last few years had not gone black and got negiotiated. Might be better to contact your local station and encourage the station to give Uverse a fair rate.

Why get all worked up now before anything happens, you posting here makes no difference and just clogs up the forums as no one posts to the one main thread. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.