packmule's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, August 17th, 2014 10:28 PM

Is upgrade from U200 to U450 really necessary in order to get NFL Red Zone?

I have had a U Verse account since the spring of 2008. I have always had the U200 package. I recently decided I wanted to add "NFL Red Zone" and called the primary(national) A T T U verse phone # - I spoke with a rep who told me I had to upgrade to U450 in order to get NFL Red Zone. My monthly U Verse bill has increased every year and while I didn't want my bill to increase I went ahead and agreed to the U450 upgrade in order to get NFL Red Zone as I'm an avid NFL fan.

I spoke today with a neighborhood friend who says he has the U300 package and gets NFL Red Zone...which obviously made me wonder if the upgrade to U450 was really necessary. Can anyone reply to clarify this. I would greatly appreciate any feedback from the other community members! Man Happy

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

45 Messages

10 years ago

Hi there, NFL redzone is available as a separate channel under the hd premium tier package. This package is for $7 or $15, (i dont remember that correctly). U can add this on U200 package as well. Not required to upgrade.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

packmule - The U-verse channel list - http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/channel-lineup.jsp - shows that the NFL Red Zone (1629) is in the HD premium tier & available with 450, 300 or 200. THe extra cost of the HD premium tier applies to all three. Also, the HD tech package is required which is included in the 450 & extra $10 for the other two.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I appreciate the replies! My next question:I don't want the expense of the U450 package but I can afford the expense of the HD Tier package addition. Having been told by an A T & T rep on the phone that I had to upgrade to U450 to get NFL Red Zone, should I call back and ask to speak to a supervisor? In my mind the rep I spoke to on the phone(a young female with an Indian accent) completely misled me about this.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@packmule wrote:

I appreciate the replies! My next question:I don't want the expense of the U450 package but I can afford the expense of the HD Tier package addition. Having been told by an A T & T rep on the phone that I had to upgrade to U450 to get NFL Red Zone, should I call back and ask to speak to a supervisor? In my mind the rep I spoke to on the phone(a young female with an Indian accent) completely misled me about this.

I would definitely call back to downgrade to the u200 and add the HD Premium tier. There's really no reason to speak to a supervisor.

Guru

• 

417 Messages

10 years ago

If your call was recorded for quality assurance, someone should pull the call and educate the representative. This type of misinformation is inexcusable.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@aviewer wrote:

packmule - The U-verse channel list - http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/channel-lineup.jsp - shows that the NFL Red Zone (1629) is in the HD premium tier & available with 450, 300 or 200. THe extra cost of the HD premium tier applies to all three. Also, the HD tech package is required which is included in the 450 & extra $10 for the other two.

I *just* about had a heart attack of pleasant surprise when I read your post and assumed that RedZone was on U-300.

I really wish they'd add it to their sports pack though.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I called A T & T a short while ago. The phone rep has changed my U Verse plan back to U200 and added the HD Premium Tier package which obviously includes NFL Red Zone.

I brought up my call last week in which I was told I had to upgrade to U450 in order to receive NFL Red Zone. The rep I spoke to today said he was able to locate the date/time of my call last week and that my concern would be brought to the attention of a manager. I hope so.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply in this topic!!! Smiley Very Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.