Savjames's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 14th, 2016 2:24 AM

Is there a way to move the closed captioning lower on the screen?

I looked at all of the options on the menu tab and changed my font (lol) but couldn't move them down so they're not blocking the picture. I can make the font blue, yet I don't have the option to move the captioning.

Am I missing something or do yall truly not have a way to fix this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @Savjames,

There is not a way to move the closed captioning. 

-ATTU-verseCare

• 

3 Messages

FCC states that placement cannot cover important information and I am unable to see weather forecast information.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Having the CC in the middle of the screen is unacceptable. Someone somewhere thought this was acceptable but they probably didn't use CC on a regular basis. And they were wrong. Since this has been an ongoing problem for a few years, I can only conclude that AT&T U-verse does not care and changes will not be made. We have been avid U-verse supporters since it first started. We will now have to start looking at alternatives. For the record, I don't have this problem with Netflix, Amazon, or HBO Go. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This issue is not solved.  It's merely ignored. I used to have DirecTV and the closed captions were at the bottom of the screen so that they didn't interfere with the picture.  AT&T needs to fix this!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Try this...

Press menu on remote -> options -> system -> closed captioning.  Turn digital closed captioning off and standard closed captioning closed caption 1.   This will lower most (all?) captions on the screen instead of plastering them in the middle.  I think off screen narration always appears at the top.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I tried the suggestion for moving closed captions

it did not work

will ATT be correcting this issue

with a world full of senior citizens needing this option and for the high cost of ATT Uverse this should be a small request to please customers 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

What I suggested does work to a limited extent.  I wouldn't have posted it otherwise.  Most cc lines are lower than if you don't make those changes.  Turn them off, see the differences for yourself.  Note I believe there are some conventions that are followed (don't know them exactly) about off-screen narration or talking, maybe music.  So those may appear in a different place than on screen talking.

That's all there is and I don't see att changing it. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Go options

go cc

Go to diDigital close captioning

go to background settings 

Go to background opacity 

make it transparent

this will allow them to not block the picture, however the words do not move. This is one way. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Since ATT U-verse is admitting that the closed captioning cannot be changed, we all need to complain to the ADA to get this changed. I have had numerous cable companies and this is the first one that does not have captioning at the bottom. It is annoying for myself and the rest of my family who does not need CC. I end up turning them off so my family can watch TV and using my iPad to watch Netflix or something else that has CC correctly. Yes we can change companies but that does not solve the problem. Please look up how to file a complaint with the ADA and I think we can get this issue solved. 

• 

3 Messages

closed caption is part of the FCC. They state that the location of the caption should not block important visual information in the screen. However, I am unable to see weather forecast information.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@zaineee 

Did you try what I suggested in post 5?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Just tried this. It moved the cc far enough down to no longer be the distraction they were.

Thanx

• 

3 Messages

I was only able to make the text smaller

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.