kathyk8955's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 10:54 PM

Is there a way to change the time zone on U-verse tv?

I'm new to U-Verse 300.  Have remote S30.  I switched from Spectrum. One of the things that Spectrum had that I did love was the ability to rewind a program when I turn the channel to see something that was on that program say 10 minutes before.  Especially when watching news, I could switch between CNN and MSNBC.  If I went to one and saw someone being interviewed and wanted to see the interview from the beginning I could just rewind.  How do I backtrack with U-Verse?  Not talking about shows that I'm recording.  HELP

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

6 years ago

Not an option. This may be a limitation of the U-Verse receivers not having traditional tuners, but being more a device to view video streams.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

6 years ago

The Spectrum DVRs have two tuners that, as long as they aren't engaged recording a program, are buffering the last two programs they were deliberately tuned to (either for recording or direct viewing), thus you can rewind the program to the beginning because it's buffered. All the channels you can possibly receive are always being broadcast down your cable and the DVR has to pick out the channels you're interested in using its tuners.

When the U-verse DVR is in standby, it's not getting any channels (unless its doing recording for another set top) at all.  Once you turn it on and tune to a channel, then it starts to build its buffer, but before that it has nothing.  The U-verse IPTV setup only sends the channels currently needed into your home when the DVR or a set top asks for it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.