SabbyB.'s profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, May 13th, 2018 1:14 PM

Is there a way to change the time zone on U-verse tv?

I used to have Direct Tv but it got too pricey and I just switched to U-verse tv. But I see that U-verse tv is on Pacific time zone. I live in California but I like having it in Eastern. My favorite show used to start at 5 pm and end at 8pm. Now it starts at 8pm and ends at 11pm. I don't like staying up that late. Please help! Is this something I can do manually or is this a tech support/customer service issue? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

All equipment is specific to the time zone that it's being used in. 

I don't understand how manipulating the time zone (if it was even possible which it's not) would affect a program.  Networks broadcast shows when networks broadcast shows.  Unless you're physically  in a different time zone, you're going to see your program when it gets to you.

You could change all of the clocks in your house to EST.   Of course, it would be confusing once you step out into the real world.  Smiley Frustrated

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

I live in the pacific zone.  Whatever set of stations you get for your specific location cannot be changed.  Some stations have both an eastern and western feed on separate channels (examples TBS, TNT have the same programs 3 hours later in the western feed ).  Some repeat shows for east/west on the same channel usually for evening shows (what's on at 5 repeats at 8).  And some, like the major networks CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, are shown for the time zone you are in.  You have no choice in these other than what is presented to you.

Note/caution/hint:  For those channels that repeat a new episode 3 hours apart, if you want to record as first run of a show on them, be sure to choose the actual first run, not its repeat 3 hours later.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

Thinking about this....were you getting an East Coast feed on your satellite?  I've never had satellite so I'm unclear on how that works. 

That being said, there is no alternate feed on Uverse.  The feed you get is the time zone you are in.

Guru

• 

622 Messages

6 years ago

SabbyB - I feel your pain, especially if "your favorite show" is WWE RAW, which is the only show I can think of that runs from 8 to 11 each week.

When U-Verse first added HD channels, a lot of channels would only have the "east coast feed" - that is, the lineup was set to air for specified times in the Eastern time zone.  USA was one of them.  This was a good thing for western wrestling fans, as it meant that RAW would air live rather than on a three-hour tape delay, which was important as the tape delayed version would have edits.  However, eventually, most channels would make their west coast (three-hour delayed) feeds, which already existed in SD, available in HD as well, and U-Verse switched to those for the western viewers.  The only stations I can think of that have both eastern and western feeds are the Turner Networks stations - TBS, TNT, and Cartoon Network.  (Nickelodeon might have the west coast feed available in the east, on channel Nick2, but out west, it is the same thing, at the same time, as the regular Nickelodeon channel.)

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about it, in part because it is the networks themselves that want this restriction in place.  It would be very easy for U-Verse to include both (except for broadcast networks), especially as they have different channel numbers - I think an east coast feed has an even number, and the matching west coast feed has the odd number that is one higher (e.g. 1124 and 1125 for USA Network).  However, most of these show commercials, including local commercials, and the local advertisers would want them to air when people would be more likely to be watching the show.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

That Don Guy, It is for Raw haha. I was so used to watching it on Direct tv at 5 now this change made me kind of regret switching. But if there is a package I can get with the East coast channels I would do it. Also I'm not sure how big of a wrestling fan you are but I also watch the other promotions such as NJPW and ROH. But apparently they don't have NESN on U-Verse for the generic package I got so I was forced to subscribe monthly to ROH's network online. Do you know if there's a way I can just only ask for one channel that I'm not subscribed to instead of getting a whole new package?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

@SabbyB. wrote:

That Don Guy, It is for Raw haha.  Do you know if there's a way I can just only ask for one channel that I'm not subscribed to instead of getting a whole new package?

I'm not @That Don Guy  and I don't know nuthin' bout no wrestling (I'm a delicate flower) but I do know that there is no "a la cart" channel options.  In other words if there's one channel you specifically want, you have to subscribe to the whole package.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you skeeter! I'm not really good at figuring stuff like this out haha. I'm a millennial who knows nothing about technology haha.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Good

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

6 years ago

Two options.  You can record the show and watch when you want to.  See if it is on demand and watch it that way.  One other thing you can do is buy a clock and set it for the Eastern Time and put a label on it saying Eastern and put it next to you clock with your real time.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

8B4446BC-2364-42AB-9F3C-CFD822B3A913.png

4BBAAAA2-E7A6-46B9-8412-655320358065.png

83D375F8-3EA3-4014-8AC6-DDAA3BF4E942.png

4BA8EE3C-D2E7-4A6D-822F-2AB2706FC14C.png

This is a major issue. AT&T in our community isn’t working. We need a resolution.

4 Attachments

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.