molden_1's profile

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

Monday, April 23rd, 2012 5:15 PM

Is there a delay in audio when changing channels and uverse option set to surround sound

I have had uverse for three years with simple setup to a Samsung LCD and no sourround sound receiver.  I purchased a new Vizio LED and in the setup I set the Vizio to surround sound so in turn I changed the Uverse sound option from stereo to surround sound - Now when I change the channel the sound is delayed about a second but not out of synch once the sound appears .  Uverse support says this is normal, can anyone verify?  I tested and the the same occurs with my older Samsung.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

12 years ago

Turns out it is the older Motorola box - I got a wireless Cisco box and set it up and there is no audio lag when changing channels.  The uverse rep was wrong - 

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

@molden_1 wrote:

I have had uverse for three years with simple setup to a Samsung LCD and no sourround sound receiver.  I purchased a new Vizio LED and in the setup I set the Vizio to surround sound so in turn I changed the Uverse sound option from stereo to surround sound - Now when I change the channel the sound is delayed about a second but not out of synch once the sound appears .  Uverse support says this is normal, can anyone verify?  I tested and the the same occurs with my older Samsung.

I do not have a delay in audio when I change channels. However, lately there seems to be more of a  delay in receiving the next channel when I change channels as opposed to how it was before.

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

12 years ago

I have the motorola vip1216 - this is about 3.5 years old.  I wonder if there is a problem with the box.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for posting that update.  You should mark your post as a sloution because that info could be useful to someone else who experiences that issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.