Is there a delay in audio when changing channels and uverse option set to surround sound

Mentor

Is there a delay in audio when changing channels and uverse option set to surround sound

I have had uverse for three years with simple setup to a Samsung LCD and no sourround sound receiver.  I purchased a new Vizio LED and in the setup I set the Vizio to surround sound so in turn I changed the Uverse sound option from stereo to surround sound - Now when I change the channel the sound is delayed about a second but not out of synch once the sound appears .  Uverse support says this is normal, can anyone verify?  I tested and the the same occurs with my older Samsung.

Message 1 of 5 (1,434 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Is there a delay in audio when changing channels and uverse option set to surround sound

molden_1 wrote:

I have had uverse for three years with simple setup to a Samsung LCD and no sourround sound receiver.  I purchased a new Vizio LED and in the setup I set the Vizio to surround sound so in turn I changed the Uverse sound option from stereo to surround sound - Now when I change the channel the sound is delayed about a second but not out of synch once the sound appears .  Uverse support says this is normal, can anyone verify?  I tested and the the same occurs with my older Samsung.

I do not have a delay in audio when I change channels. However, lately there seems to be more of a  delay in receiving the next channel when I change channels as opposed to how it was before.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (1,397 Views)
Mentor

Re: Is there a delay in audio when changing channels and uverse option set to surround sound

I have the motorola vip1216 - this is about 3.5 years old.  I wonder if there is a problem with the box.

Message 3 of 5 (1,393 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor
Solution
Accepted by topic author molden_1
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Turns out it is the older Motorola box - I got a wireless Cisco box and set it up and there is no audio lag when changing channels.  The uverse rep was wrong - 

Message 4 of 5 (1,367 Views)
Expert

Thanks for posting that update.  You should mark your post as a sloution because that info could be useful to someone else who experiences that issue.

Message 5 of 5 (1,354 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.