For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Wildhawker's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, July 28th, 2019 4:15 AM

Closed

Is NFL Network on AT&T U-verse?

When are Uverse TV customers going to start receiving "NFL Network"?  Training camps have started.

• 

25.7K Messages

5 years ago

U-verse is a dying tv service, they are probably not going to pick up any new sport channels. At&T is going to roll out a new service in the fall  called At&T TV which is direct tv without need for a satellite. Once AT&T TV is rolled out in your area they will stop selling u-verse in your area, leaving existing u-verse subscribers to slowly wither away. Direct tv carries the nfl network, acc network , etc, so your best bet could be to wait for AT&T TV   https://www.att.com/tv/

Or you could just change providers like 930,000 people did in the first half of this year alone. By the end of the year that number should easily top 2 million.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

First they turned off both the local NBC station and the local CBS station.  Now they've turned off NFL Network too?

Oh, and with no notification or apology to me that it happened or when.  Just found out one day when I went to watch a program I thought I had purchased the right to watch.  AT&T just literally reneged on their promised offering of channels from when I signed up with them.

I guess it's time to kick at&t uverse off the island, and go try out the competition.

Scholar

• 

237 Messages

5 years ago

@Nelson67 For what it's worth, AT&T/Nexstar didn't want to announce the possibility of NBC being turned off because both parties thought they were close to an agreement and then they just gave up on negotiating and this is what we're left with; no NBC without an antenna for a month now. As for CBS, a last minute deal was reached to allow that to be turned back on, that is unless your CBS station is Nexstar owned in which case it will still be off. If you search Nexstar and AT&T, you'll see statements indicating that neither side is too optimistic about the quick resolution of this dispute.

As for the NFL Network, well, the NFL claims that it never heard anything from AT&T until the NFL Network and Red Zone were removed from Uverse. AT&T will claim that it couldn't reach an agreement to keep it on Uverse, but of course there's been the very long term agreement and exclusivity of the NFL Sunday and DirecTV so of course it's still available to DirecTV customers.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Nelson67 wrote:

First they turned off both the local NBC station and the local CBS station.  Now they've turned off NFL Network too?

Oh, and with no notification or apology to me that it happened or when.  Just found out one day when I went to watch a program I thought I had purchased the right to watch.  AT&T just literally reneged on their promised offering of channels from when I signed up with them.

I guess it's time to kick at&t uverse off the island, and go try out the competition.

Guess again. The terms and conditions of all TV providers state that the programming can change at any time. Notice was given on this forum, in USA Today and at programmingchanges.att.com.

But have fun leaving your new provider when they can't come to terms with channel owners.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I ALONG WITH THOUSANDS OF OTHER CUSTOMERS WOULD LIKE AN HONEST ANSWER REGARDING THE RETURN OF NFL CHANNEL TO UVERSE. PLEASE DONT INSULT OUR INTELLIGENCE IN SAYING THAT YOU COULDNT REACH AN AGREEMENT WHEN IN FACT YOU NEVER APPROACHED THEM TO NEGOTIATE! YOU INCREASE RATES, WE PAY THOSE EXTRA FEES AND WE STILL ARE ON THE LOSING END OF THE DEAL. WE PAY YOU TO PROVIDE THINGS WE ARE INTRESTED IN WATCHING. YOU HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH OTHER GARBAGE ON THAT NO ONE CARES TO WATCH, YET YOU REMAIN DEAF TO OUR REQUESTS!!! NOT HAPPY IN DALLAS, TX (A TRUE FOOTBALL FAN)

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled RETURN OF NFL CHANNEL TO UVERSE

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

Nfl network coming back to u-verse is highly doubtful, as they start to wind down u-verse, and point people to their new service which is direct tv without need  for a dish, in the future they will stop selling u-verse , so if you really like u-verse  don't cancel ,as you may not be able to  get it again

Tutor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just realized NFL network was gone when j went to watch preseason games this weekend and was surprised by the fact that AT&T Uverse had slashed NFL network and not even bothered to mention it. Also the fact that we found out they had incorrectly buried our cable lines a year ago and we had been receiving internet speed 1/4 as fast as it should have been. We only learned this fact when streaming on our downstairs tv stopped working completely. 

Then after spending 6 hours on the phone with their customer service they finally came out and reconnected the lines. Only problem was we were without internet and tv for a week. Then they missed their appointment 3 different times to come out and rebury the lines. So because the lines had to be marked off we could mow our lawn for 3 weeks and ended up in a jungle.

Very very unhappy with AT&T right now and most likely switching our $300 month service to Spectrum. NFL network is one of the few things as a working male, that I come home and enjoy watching. This is the last f*****g straw. 😡

Scholar

• 

237 Messages

5 years ago

I want to get a straight answer on the NFL Network. Is it coming back or is it not coming back?

Calling the loyalty department / customer service (probably both one in the same department), and they claim that negotiations are still ongoing with the NFL? FIVE MONTHS later and still no straight answer other than the obvious that it remains available for DirecTV customers? 

Mentor

• 

62 Messages

5 years ago

As an ATT stockholder for many years, this is embarrassing. I have supported these people through the last debacle with the NHL Network, and here we go again with more (censored) about how they can't negotiate. I get about 200 channels that I don't give a hoot about and those negotiations all seem to go smoothly, but they can't cut a deal with the NFL? How can that be? They advertise all over their stadiums, so let's cut the nonsense.  After many years as a faithful subscriber, all I see in my future now is Comcast.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

"The terms and conditions of all TV providers state that the programming can change at any time. "

I signed a contract in July based upon the channel lineup I found on the ATT website and it included the NFL Network. If in fact ATT Uverse had severed that relationship, they had an obligation to correct their materials and not create an unreasonable expectation for performance. One could, I suspect, successfully argue this is a "bait and switch" tactic where ATT advertised something it knew it wouldn't provide.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Why can't I get Red Zone Channel 1629 when I got it last year?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled NFL Network and Red Zone

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

I just discovered that Useless-Verse no longer carries NFLNetwork and NFL Redzone.  I just called them and complained but to no avail.  I'm giving them a week to fix this and then I'm gone.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

The NFL Network has been gone since April. 

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

There's not many NFL games in April, which I assume is why AT&T did it then.  Now that the NFL preseason is started, people are starting to try to tune in to the NFL Network, only to find that it isn't there.  I texted a friend who also has U-verse and he wasn't aware of it either, responding with something that this forum won't allow me to repeat..  AT&T needs to be ready for a major backlash.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

I just called about getting Uverse and getting rid of Directv because I only want REDZONE not Sunday Ticket where you must have both w/Directv.

I was told that Uverse still has REDZONE but no longer has NFL NETWORK, now I'm confused???, I'd like to know for sure before I order.

Please help if you know...thx

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

Uverse has dropped BOTH NFL network and the NFL red zone channels,

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.