Intermittent Problem with U-verse TV - going on 3 mos now!

Teacher

Intermittent Problem with U-verse TV - going on 3 mos now!

I have had an intermittent problem with the TV freezing which has been going on 3 months now.  I have had numerous techs out (inside and outside) and even got a network manager involved.  Still - almost daily between 6 pm and 7 pm (about the time of the evening news), the picture freezes, or goes into a mosaic and stutters or I get the LOST TV SIGNAL message onscreen that lists remedies like checking cables, rebooting the boxes, etc.  I have had inside techs, outside techs, replaced equipment like STB/RG, etc.  The problem seems to clear up later in the evening.  They have told me repeatedly there is no problem inside the house - they have checked everything.  But ATT has also said multiple times they found a problem and fixed it (presumably outside somewhere) - but the problem continues.  I recall one guy with a laptop saying "you have no backend" - he was looking at a graph.  He acted like that was bad. But I have no idea what he meant.   I have had others say they see lot of errors - but also had them say they were seeing no errors right at the same time that I am viewing my TV screen and it's freezing up!  This occured during the test they run while they have you on the phone.  I have probably spent 30-40 hours of my time alone on this problem (on the phone, meeting techs, etc).  I am not exaggerating!

I just loaded the UV Realtime utility and attached the screen shots mentioned in other posts in the hopes someone can help me.  Note - there was no COAX/HPNA data to include.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 31 (7,393 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: Intermittent Problem with U-verse TV - going on 3 mos now!

Yeah - I hate the coax too. But for now, I think I'll just let it be.  If we ever build another house, I'd do it totally differently.

As for the TV service - still goodSmiley Happy  I think we have a winner! 

Still amazed at what the issue ultimately was.  As for ATT, they ultimately fixed it - but they sure didn't diagnose it.  I guess intermittent problems are really hard - but I think they should have done more to troubleshoot. 

Again - thanks SomeJoe7777 and aviewer.  Hopefully this thread will helpful someone else with similar issues. 

Message 31 of 31 (487 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.