Helpful Links

Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

Mentor

Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

I thought someone posted the same thing but can't find it now.

The actual grid guide will display the correct showtimes but when you press the info button on the remote and select more show times of a show the times are 2 hours off. I am on the West Coast but they are giving me times based on Central Time.

For example, Kill Bill 1 on 1933 Encore HD W in the grid guide shows correctly at 8 PM. However, when you click the info button and go to more showtimes, it gives me the same movie starting at 10 PM. This is the same for every channel I looked at such as my local television stations. This never happened before and not sure when this started to happen. 

Does anyone know of a fix or setting I need to change? Thanks

Message 1 of 72
Scholar

Re: Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

Thanks again for the reply - but for what I am paying monthly - I don't think I should have to do all of this checking to find the proper time!!!

Message 16 of 72
Scholar

You are so correct - I was tech person -and we would have been fired if something like this problem went on for 3 months - and we keep paying - just about ready to switch providers!!!!

Message 17 of 72
Scholar

Not that this is the big problem - but prices keep going up - just about ready to move to another provider!!!!

Message 18 of 72
Professor

AT&T U-Verse only changes rates once a year (usually in February). I'm not sure how prices are still going up for you.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 19 of 72

ginnpr wrote:

Not that this is the big problem - but prices keep going up - just about ready to move to another provider!!!!

Let's see, Dish and Direct have a locked in rate for 1 year but required to sign a 2 year contract.
Comcast raises rates when the wind changes
TWC raises rates and currently does not have any CBS channels due to dispute (CBS, SHO, TMC)
AT&T raises their rates 1 time per year, in February and it's usually around $5.  If your rates have gone up recently it's either because a) your promotional rates have expired or b) you are renting PPV or OnDemand movies.
” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 20 of 72
Scholar

Hi - I meant to say that seeing so many commercials on tv - giving better rates for 2 years then what I am paying!!!

Thanks

Message 21 of 72
Expert

ginnpr wrote:

Hi - I meant to say that seeing so many commercials on tv - giving better rates for 2 years then what I am paying!!!

Thanks

Sounds like you are comparing new customer promotional rates to regular rates.  Not an apples to apples comparison.  Also, it's very difficult to compare two TV providers because they all have different programming packages, equipment and features.

Message 22 of 72
Scholar

What I find very funny is every couple of days - they add or delete channels and add a message - but cannot take

care of the time problem - they must have techs that are too up on the system - any word on when this problem will be corrected!!!!

Message 23 of 72
ACE - Master

ginnpr wrote:

What I find very funny is every couple of days - they add or delete channels and add a message - but cannot take

care of the time problem - they must have techs that are too up on the system - any word on when this problem will be corrected!!!!

It is VERY hard to follow your posts and replies when you don't use the Quote box.

What channels are they adding / removing every couple of days?   You mentioned being a "tech."  If so, and this fix is SO simple, why not call AT&T and offer your help? 

In all honestly and all joking aside, folks who add channels are most likely NOT the same folks who would fix some sort of server intergration issue.  At any rate, based upon past experiences, it could take anywhere from 1 month to well over 6 to resolve what sounded like a "simple" issue (the Black Screen of Death on DVR issue).   Not to be a smart alleck but as long as you know the issue my suggestion is to go "grab a Coke and watch some good TV."  Good luck.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 24 of 72

ginnpr wrote:

You are delusional.  AT&T hasn't added or deleted channels every couple of days.  The last channel to be removed was Current TV and it has changed ownership and become Al Jazeera America.  Other than that the last channels to be removed were Hallmark, Hallmark Movie Channel and the NHL Network.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 25 of 72
Scholar

I guess I didn't explain exactly what I meant about adding channels - at least once or twice a week when I check the channel options and hide channels - it jumps up or down two or three channels - sorry for the confusion and also I did not say this is a simple solution but when talking to U-verse on the phone the tech person said they are not sure when it will be fixed and that have had hundreds of calls!!!

Thanks

Message 26 of 72
Contributor

You are correct, but does affect "all" searchs as well as more showtimes, and has caused me to miss the start of shows already in progress during this two hour time frame. Thanks for finding the problem!

Message 27 of 72
Scholar

Did a U-Verse online chat - and was told that the problem is being worked on - and later that day received a live call from At&t - about the problem and they are very sorry but are trying to fix it as soon as possible!!!!

Message 28 of 72
Contributor

It is now November and I am still having this issue too. Has this been fixed for anyone? How does "This is a known issue" make this problem solved?

Message 29 of 72
ACE - Professor

I really, really hope they're not trying to push this under the rug. It would be extremely bush league if they did.

I've been trying to use the mobile app a lot.
1) It's faster
2) It doesn't hog the TV screen
3) It doesn't have this bug

4) I can easily search for a show and press the record button on several episodes at once without having to go through multiple screens to do so.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 30 of 72
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that!

Click here to check it out or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. You can quickly and easily resolve your service woes!

Do you need to contact us? Chat with us!

Additional Support