mchunter78's profile

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 3:25 AM

Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

I thought someone posted the same thing but can't find it now.

The actual grid guide will display the correct showtimes but when you press the info button on the remote and select more show times of a show the times are 2 hours off. I am on the West Coast but they are giving me times based on Central Time.

For example, Kill Bill 1 on 1933 Encore HD W in the grid guide shows correctly at 8 PM. However, when you click the info button and go to more showtimes, it gives me the same movie starting at 10 PM. This is the same for every channel I looked at such as my local television stations. This never happened before and not sure when this started to happen. 

Does anyone know of a fix or setting I need to change? Thanks

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

wrt "It is being addressed, but it takes some time." - looks like it's been almost a year now - is ATT any closer to a fix ?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@traderggl wrote:

wrt "It is being addressed, but it takes some time." - looks like it's been almost a year now - is ATT any closer to a fix ?

Possibly!  AT&T is rolling out new Firmware, as we speak.  The only problem is, the areas first reporting the new firmware are in the Central Time zone, so we will have to wait and see if any ET, MT or PT subscribers are getting the new release.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@traderggl wrote:

Possibly!  AT&T is rolling out new Firmware, as we speak.  The only problem is, the areas first reporting the new firmware are in the Central Time zone, so we will have to wait and see if any ET, MT or PT subscribers are getting the new release.

That's a laughter!!!  Central Time is the only time zone not experiencing the problem!  Maybe the thinking is that if the fix doesn't work, nobody will notice.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@jpinsticks wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

@traderggl wrote:

That's a laughter!!!  Central Time is the only time zone not experiencing the problem!  Maybe the thinking is that if the fix doesn't work, nobody will notice.

That's what I was getting at.  BUT they are only testing the rollout before sending it to the masses and since AT&T is based in Dallas, they normally only test rollouts (AFAIK) in the CT area.  Normally by the end of July, it's fixed.  That being said, can you explain to me why the Time Zone issue is a big deal?  Are you using a VCR or Tivo?  The DVR (and actual Guide) is not affected by this bug, at all.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@jpinsticks wrote:

That's what I was getting at.  BUT they are only testing the rollout before sending it to the masses and since AT&T is based in Dallas, they normally only test rollouts (AFAIK) in the CT area.  Normally by the end of July, it's fixed.  That being said, can you explain to me why the Time Zone issue is a big deal?  Are you using a VCR or Tivo?  The DVR (and actual Guide) is not affected by this bug, at all.

As far as the Time Zone Bug, its not a big deal.  I'm living with it.  I shouldn't have to "live with it", but I am.  I also lived with the 22 key presses to turn on/off closed captioning until the coders enhanced the process to just seven key presses to turn CC on or off.  For some reason a 1-button on/off was never considered for CC, but the times for 'more showtimes' used to be correct.  Some coding was done somewhere, for something that adversely affected 'more showtimes' and apparently the test rollouts didn't catch it.  Hopefully, someone is taking notes.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

9 years ago

This is very interesting - Frontier took over here in CT yesterday and today I do not have the

Time Zone Issue - Seems kind of strange!!!!  This is about the more showtimes.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Thats to make up for the things they screwed up.

How was your info in the guide? No info no recordings.

Do you do a lot of recordings? 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@ginnpr wrote:

This is very interesting - Frontier took over here in CT yesterday and today I do not have the

Time Zone Issue - Seems kind of strange!!!!  This is about the more showtimes.

It could be a co-inkydink.  The actual annual release apparently set up the groundwork to fix it (we got ours about a month ago) but the actual Time Zone issue was fixed on an update to the "Video on Demand Storefront."  That apparently was the actual fix.  Mine was fixed about a week and a half after the main update.  No idea what else the "Storefront" update fixed.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

The showtimes bug was fixed with the Video Storefront update to my VHO as well.  They probably put it in CT before they switched over to Frontier.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

Sorry for the duplicate post - I repled to a 2013 post.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.