Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

Mentor

Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

I thought someone posted the same thing but can't find it now.

The actual grid guide will display the correct showtimes but when you press the info button on the remote and select more show times of a show the times are 2 hours off. I am on the West Coast but they are giving me times based on Central Time.

For example, Kill Bill 1 on 1933 Encore HD W in the grid guide shows correctly at 8 PM. However, when you click the info button and go to more showtimes, it gives me the same movie starting at 10 PM. This is the same for every channel I looked at such as my local television stations. This never happened before and not sure when this started to happen. 

Does anyone know of a fix or setting I need to change? Thanks

Message 1 of 72 (6,216 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

The only folks that this may be a big deal for are those without a DVR and use other methods to record, such as Tivo or a VCR.   I don't get the outrage either, considering the % of those involved.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 61 of 72 (735 Views)
Contributor

I, too, have this problem.  Having just moved my service from the Central time zone to the Pacific time zone, I figured it was something specific with my account.

I'll tell you why others have vitriol -- it's for the same reason I'm annoyed this has existed for more than a year.  I use "more showtimes" quite often to work around scheduling conflicts, record the full show of something I tuned into halfway through, or to find out when I'll be able to see something.  For those of us on the West coast, it might look like something is re-airing two hours later but in actuality that's the same time we're watching now.  Because I didn't realize that the first time, I missed the opportunity to record all of something entirely.  I have run into this problem three or four times in the first 5 days I've had DVR service here in California.

Bluntly, this is a relatively trivial display bug.  Mediaroom was sold to Ericsson in April 2013.  If AT&T can't get Ericsson to write a fix for this bug, that's just an inability or unwillingness to push a vendor (or pay them) to fix it.  If Ericsson is refusing to do so (perhaps because it sees AT&T as somewhat of a competitor?) then AT&T should yank all Sony Ericsson phones out of its stores and immediately discontinue paying software license fees to Ericsson and switch the underlying set top box platform.  I guarantee just threatening to do that would get the problem fixed pronto as this is something that won't take more than a couple of hundred of programmer-hours to fix (and maybe a couple hundred more to test).

If AT&T doesn't have enough clout with Ericsson to get that done, then they need to change their set top box platform immediately.  Perhaps that's part of the motivation behind buying DIRECTV.

Message 62 of 72 (663 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

wrt "It is being addressed, but it takes some time." - looks like it's been almost a year now - is ATT any closer to a fix ?

Message 63 of 72 (599 Views)
ACE - Master

traderggl wrote:

wrt "It is being addressed, but it takes some time." - looks like it's been almost a year now - is ATT any closer to a fix ?

Possibly!  AT&T is rolling out new Firmware, as we speak.  The only problem is, the areas first reporting the new firmware are in the Central Time zone, so we will have to wait and see if any ET, MT or PT subscribers are getting the new release.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 64 of 72 (581 Views)
Mentor

dhascall wrote:

traderggl wrote:

Possibly!  AT&T is rolling out new Firmware, as we speak.  The only problem is, the areas first reporting the new firmware are in the Central Time zone, so we will have to wait and see if any ET, MT or PT subscribers are getting the new release.

That's a laughter!!!  Central Time is the only time zone not experiencing the problem!  Maybe the thinking is that if the fix doesn't work, nobody will notice.

Message 65 of 72 (560 Views)
ACE - Master

jpinsticks wrote:

dhascall wrote:

traderggl wrote:

That's a laughter!!!  Central Time is the only time zone not experiencing the problem!  Maybe the thinking is that if the fix doesn't work, nobody will notice.

That's what I was getting at.  BUT they are only testing the rollout before sending it to the masses and since AT&T is based in Dallas, they normally only test rollouts (AFAIK) in the CT area.  Normally by the end of July, it's fixed.  That being said, can you explain to me why the Time Zone issue is a big deal?  Are you using a VCR or Tivo?  The DVR (and actual Guide) is not affected by this bug, at all.

Message 66 of 72 (541 Views)
Mentor

dhascall wrote:

jpinsticks wrote:

That's what I was getting at.  BUT they are only testing the rollout before sending it to the masses and since AT&T is based in Dallas, they normally only test rollouts (AFAIK) in the CT area.  Normally by the end of July, it's fixed.  That being said, can you explain to me why the Time Zone issue is a big deal?  Are you using a VCR or Tivo?  The DVR (and actual Guide) is not affected by this bug, at all.

As far as the Time Zone Bug, its not a big deal.  I'm living with it.  I shouldn't have to "live with it", but I am.  I also lived with the 22 key presses to turn on/off closed captioning until the coders enhanced the process to just seven key presses to turn CC on or off.  For some reason a 1-button on/off was never considered for CC, but the times for 'more showtimes' used to be correct.  Some coding was done somewhere, for something that adversely affected 'more showtimes' and apparently the test rollouts didn't catch it.  Hopefully, someone is taking notes.

Message 67 of 72 (516 Views)
Scholar

This is very interesting - Frontier took over here in CT yesterday and today I do not have the

Time Zone Issue - Seems kind of strange!!!!  This is about the more showtimes.

Message 68 of 72 (413 Views)
ACE - Expert

Thats to make up for the things they screwed up.

How was your info in the guide? No info no recordings.

Do you do a lot of recordings? 

Message 69 of 72 (410 Views)
ACE - Master

ginnpr wrote:

This is very interesting - Frontier took over here in CT yesterday and today I do not have the

Time Zone Issue - Seems kind of strange!!!!  This is about the more showtimes.

It could be a co-inkydink.  The actual annual release apparently set up the groundwork to fix it (we got ours about a month ago) but the actual Time Zone issue was fixed on an update to the "Video on Demand Storefront."  That apparently was the actual fix.  Mine was fixed about a week and a half after the main update.  No idea what else the "Storefront" update fixed.

Message 70 of 72 (393 Views)
ACE - Expert

The showtimes bug was fixed with the Video Storefront update to my VHO as well.  They probably put it in CT before they switched over to Frontier.

Message 71 of 72 (391 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

Sorry for the duplicate post - I repled to a 2013 post.

Message 72 of 72 (377 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.