mchunter78's profile

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 3:25 AM

Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

I thought someone posted the same thing but can't find it now.

The actual grid guide will display the correct showtimes but when you press the info button on the remote and select more show times of a show the times are 2 hours off. I am on the West Coast but they are giving me times based on Central Time.

For example, Kill Bill 1 on 1933 Encore HD W in the grid guide shows correctly at 8 PM. However, when you click the info button and go to more showtimes, it gives me the same movie starting at 10 PM. This is the same for every channel I looked at such as my local television stations. This never happened before and not sure when this started to happen. 

Does anyone know of a fix or setting I need to change? Thanks

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

It started in April 2013. May 2013 to March 2014 is 11 months last time I counted.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

Well, I suppose it matters when you got the receiver firmware update that caused the problem.  I don't think I got it until the fourth week of May.  I suppose you may have gotten it prior to April 5th; if so, then I guess it would be over 11 months.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

I just called today - and had a very nasty person say that no more credits for this problem due

to the fact they are working on the issue!!!!  Not sure why things changed have been getting

credit for 5 months now and as you know problem is still there!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

In my humble opinion, you should be fairly happy to have received such a large credit for as long as you did, for an issue that has such an obvious work around.

Yes, I do think they should have fixed it by now, and I do hope they fix it soon, but $35 is a substantial credit.

Tutor

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

This post is almost three years and I am having this problem now. I realize that debugging "takes some time", but this is far too long.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

@Xerxes10 wrote:
This post is almost three years and I am having this problem now. I realize that debugging "takes some time", but this is far too long.

There is no post in this thread that is 3 years old.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

8 months later and this is still an issue? 

Is there an ETA on a fix?  It makes it very confusing to know when shows are on, which ones are going to be recorded, etc.  

Is there a more appropriate forum to track the status of this fix?

Is it true we can get reimbursement credit for having to deal with this issue for month after month?

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

10 years ago

This must be such a hot button to so many people, judging by the vitriol spewed.  I still cannot understand the *real* reason, though.  Indulge me:

First, if you're the type of person who can walk and chew gum at the same time, and you ALREADY know the showtimes are off by a time zone or two depending on your area (based on previous experiences and seeing the trend), then why the angst?  You know the system's limitations, yet *continue* to raise your blood pressure for ... let's be honest here ... no REAL reason.

Secondly, what's so difficult in seeing the next showtime, hitting GUIDE, punching in the channel number, and scrolling to the time in question to schedule a recording?  If you are THAT intent on watching the program already (you've looked it up and become irritated in it not being completely "correct"), then following-through would naturally put an end to the grumbling, right?

Finally, if you're that much of a "power-user" in watching TV, wouldn't you be using online-based methods to escape the flaws YOU see in the TV unit?  Plenty of those complaining here probably do all sorts of button-presses on their Smartphone getting in and out of apps all day, without a care in the world, yet when the U-verse remote gets in hand, WATCH OUT.  Think about it.

And, for the UMPTEENTH TIME, Microsoft completely dropped their support of MediaRoom quite awhile before the sale to Ericsson, meaning this "More Showtimes" bug-fix was never completed.  This is NOT AT&T proprietary software, it was supposed to be supported by the creator -- Microsoft.  Do you blame your mobile CARRIER (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.) if a certain app or the operating system on your iPhone, Android or WindowsPhone device isn't working correctly?  Of course not, as it's the app PUBLISHER or the phone's MAKER who has to update things -- your carrier has nothing to do with it.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

The only folks that this may be a big deal for are those without a DVR and use other methods to record, such as Tivo or a VCR.   I don't get the outrage either, considering the % of those involved.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I, too, have this problem.  Having just moved my service from the Central time zone to the Pacific time zone, I figured it was something specific with my account.

I'll tell you why others have vitriol -- it's for the same reason I'm annoyed this has existed for more than a year.  I use "more showtimes" quite often to work around scheduling conflicts, record the full show of something I tuned into halfway through, or to find out when I'll be able to see something.  For those of us on the West coast, it might look like something is re-airing two hours later but in actuality that's the same time we're watching now.  Because I didn't realize that the first time, I missed the opportunity to record all of something entirely.  I have run into this problem three or four times in the first 5 days I've had DVR service here in California.

Bluntly, this is a relatively trivial display bug.  Mediaroom was sold to Ericsson in April 2013.  If AT&T can't get Ericsson to write a fix for this bug, that's just an inability or unwillingness to push a vendor (or pay them) to fix it.  If Ericsson is refusing to do so (perhaps because it sees AT&T as somewhat of a competitor?) then AT&T should yank all Sony Ericsson phones out of its stores and immediately discontinue paying software license fees to Ericsson and switch the underlying set top box platform.  I guarantee just threatening to do that would get the problem fixed pronto as this is something that won't take more than a couple of hundred of programmer-hours to fix (and maybe a couple hundred more to test).

If AT&T doesn't have enough clout with Ericsson to get that done, then they need to change their set top box platform immediately.  Perhaps that's part of the motivation behind buying DIRECTV.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.