mchunter78's profile

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 3:25 AM

Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

I thought someone posted the same thing but can't find it now.

The actual grid guide will display the correct showtimes but when you press the info button on the remote and select more show times of a show the times are 2 hours off. I am on the West Coast but they are giving me times based on Central Time.

For example, Kill Bill 1 on 1933 Encore HD W in the grid guide shows correctly at 8 PM. However, when you click the info button and go to more showtimes, it gives me the same movie starting at 10 PM. This is the same for every channel I looked at such as my local television stations. This never happened before and not sure when this started to happen. 

Does anyone know of a fix or setting I need to change? Thanks

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@ginnpr wrote:

Hi - I meant to say that seeing so many commercials on tv - giving better rates for 2 years then what I am paying!!!

Thanks

Sounds like you are comparing new customer promotional rates to regular rates.  Not an apples to apples comparison.  Also, it's very difficult to compare two TV providers because they all have different programming packages, equipment and features.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

What I find very funny is every couple of days - they add or delete channels and add a message - but cannot take

care of the time problem - they must have techs that are too up on the system - any word on when this problem will be corrected!!!!

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@ginnpr wrote:

What I find very funny is every couple of days - they add or delete channels and add a message - but cannot take

care of the time problem - they must have techs that are too up on the system - any word on when this problem will be corrected!!!!

It is VERY hard to follow your posts and replies when you don't use the Quote box.

What channels are they adding / removing every couple of days?   You mentioned being a "tech."  If so, and this fix is SO simple, why not call AT&T and offer your help? 

In all honestly and all joking aside, folks who add channels are most likely NOT the same folks who would fix some sort of server intergration issue.  At any rate, based upon past experiences, it could take anywhere from 1 month to well over 6 to resolve what sounded like a "simple" issue (the Black Screen of Death on DVR issue).   Not to be a smart alleck but as long as you know the issue my suggestion is to go "grab a Coke and watch some good TV."  Good luck.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@ginnpr wrote:

You are delusional.  AT&T hasn't added or deleted channels every couple of days.  The last channel to be removed was Current TV and it has changed ownership and become Al Jazeera America.  Other than that the last channels to be removed were Hallmark, Hallmark Movie Channel and the NHL Network.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

I guess I didn't explain exactly what I meant about adding channels - at least once or twice a week when I check the channel options and hide channels - it jumps up or down two or three channels - sorry for the confusion and also I did not say this is a simple solution but when talking to U-verse on the phone the tech person said they are not sure when it will be fixed and that have had hundreds of calls!!!

Thanks

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

You are correct, but does affect "all" searchs as well as more showtimes, and has caused me to miss the start of shows already in progress during this two hour time frame. Thanks for finding the problem!

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

Did a U-Verse online chat - and was told that the problem is being worked on - and later that day received a live call from At&t - about the problem and they are very sorry but are trying to fix it as soon as possible!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

It is now November and I am still having this issue too. Has this been fixed for anyone? How does "This is a known issue" make this problem solved?

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

I really, really hope they're not trying to push this under the rug. It would be extremely bush league if they did.

I've been trying to use the mobile app a lot.
1) It's faster
2) It doesn't hog the TV screen
3) It doesn't have this bug

4) I can easily search for a show and press the record button on several episodes at once without having to go through multiple screens to do so.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm sorry but "We're working on it" posted four months ago is not a solution. We pay you enough money to get this sort of thing right. It wasn't always like this.  Is it really so hard to roll it back to where it worked? This is a real inconvenience for 2/3 of the country if I read you right.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.