johnnyw1943's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, August 15th, 2013 11:36 AM

I set my recordings but it records only a few shows and when some one else records it shuts mine off

Hwen i set up my fovorite shows i found most of them did not record on tues.nite and last night my shows were removed so other shows could record but there were only 2 more recording can i  or we record only 3 i thought it was 6?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

11 years ago

The maximum number of streams the DVR can record at one time is 4, and a maximum of 3 of those can be in HD (the fourth would have to be in SD).

The number of HD streams could also be limited by the number of streams coming in to you house, which is determined by your profile.  You can check your WAN profile under System Options to see what this limit is.  If you are a fairly new subscriber, it should not be less than 3 and thus not an issue.

Finally, since there is a limit to the total number of streams, if you are actively watching a stream, that may affect how many the DVR can use.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I believe jeffermc meant to say:

"The maximum number of streams the DVR can record at one time is 4, and a maximum of 3 of those can be in HD (the fourth would have to be in SD)."

Also you can set up priorities on series recordings.  You can tell the DVR which has priority over the others.  With that said I can not find any type of support article on how to set it up and since I never have used it I can't give you instructions to do so.  Maybe someone else will chime in.

I found this:  "You can set a priority for Scheduled Recordings, go to Recordings>Series >Series Priority.  Click on it and prioritize all your series".

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

11 years ago

Yes, thanks beebeesa, I did indeed mean "SD" there.  I'll fix it if I can still edit that post.

When you go to the Series Priority, you can move a series entry to the top of the list, or up or down one slot at a time.  Given two different series trying to record at the same time with only one open slot, the one with the lowest number (i.e. higher in the list) will be recorded in preference to the one with a higher number.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.