snopea123's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 16th, 2013 11:27 AM

I have 1 TV that has no picture at all. Just snow

I have 4 TV's in my home. In one of my back bedrooms the TV has no picture. Not even a blue screen just coming up "snow". I have tried reseting the unit with no luck, Everything is plugged in properly. Very confused as it only effects 1 TV.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

dhascall - I believe you have two separate issues.

The first is the black screen & TV error message. I believe this is a loss of HDCP from the TV, through the HDMI to the STB. It turns off the U-verse video with no explanation (Explanation would be good) I think the only solid solution is to replace the HDMI with component cables that are a one way interface. More recently, a poster reported success with a shorter HDMI cable. This may work for you, or not.

The second is the list from U-verse on the blue screen saying lack of signal and suggesting things to do. ThIs would not be HDCP related. It is a momentary loss of u-verse "DSL" signal. Could be a bad connection or the RG or DVR going bad. If it hardly ever happens, I just wait a few minutes & it comes back itself. If it is problematic, call for remote test. Probably start with a new RG. If you have COAX cable check to be sure you have compression fittings & the connections are tight.

Please keep in touch on your efforts. I hope you find relief quickly.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

When I turn on the TV, I get the same thing. I have to reboot the TV to get the signal. I have had this service for less than a month and this has happened twice. Seriously reconsidering canceling AT&T TV. Not cool.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

How do I check the input when my TV remote will not work?  Yes, batteries good.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@mulecrazy wrote:

How do I check the input when my TV remote will not work?  Yes, batteries good.

Your TV remote should still work.  But if that's not an option, there should be auxilary buttons either on the side/back/front of your TV to allow you to make changes to input (HDMI/component/moniter/etc.).

We are so spoiled by remotes that we forget that there ARE other ways to accomplish simple tasks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Reset and reboot holding down the input and menu button. When screen comes on hold down the input button and star button at same time for about 7 seconds. Flash the bios if this does not fix.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

The original post is over 4 years old.  I hope it got fixed before now.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

remote doesn't do any good. tried every button (probably not a good idea?) also tried the  "press power 10 seconds...." thing; didn't help Note: in upper left hand corner of screen, briefly:

a large number 2-smaller 0

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.