Explore & discover

Helpful Links

I am looking to see how I can watch Netflix on my TV,

Contributor

I am looking to see how I can watch Netflix on my TV,

I have AT&T U-verse 300 and am looking to see how I can watch Netflix on my TV, without having to contstantly hook up my laptop to do so.  The U-verse help desk chatted that I could, but couldn’t find what they referenced.

any input would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 11
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Gman59
‎11-05-2017 3:25 PM

Re: I am looking to see how I can watch Netflix on my TV,

Netflix is an app not supported by Uverse receivers.... 

You must have a device that supports the app such as a smart tv,  a game system, Roku, BluRay player,  etc. 

Currently if using a laptop you will need to make an investment if do not have any of the above that supports the app. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 11
Contributor

This is a lousy explanation. You need to have internet service and either wi-fi or ethernet connection (telephone cable) to the tv.  ATT service stinks.

Message 3 of 11
Scholar

You can download the Netflix app to your computer.  Go to Netflix.com for instructions of how to download the app.

Message 4 of 11
Contributor

How do I use my Amazon and Netflix app on my smart TV with AT&T when it keeps saying disconnected. I even tried just using my TV input and I still keep getting the same answer disconnected. I also tried using my Roku with the same results. Help me

Message 5 of 11
Contributor

I'm unable to get amazon or Netflix on my smart TV app. I keep getting the same answer. Disconnected. I even tried using my Roku with the same results. What do I need to do

Message 6 of 11
ACE - Expert

Is AT&T your INTERNET provider?  Streaming services (Netflix/Amazon Prime/Hulu) have nothing to do with Uverse TV.

P.S.  If AT&T is your internet provider, you might want to post your question in that forum and NOT the Uverse TV forum.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 11
ACE - Professor

Go into the TV menu, find network settings and see if your TV is connected to your home network. If it isn't, connect to your network.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 11
Contributor

Dish allows a person who has a Netflix account to sign in on the tv station designated for Netflix and you can watch.  Why doesn't Directv have the same?

Message 9 of 11
ACE - Expert

You posted in the Uverse TV forum.  Uverse does not have the option of watching Netflix using AT&T  equipment. 

Cannot address DirecTV but you might want to post over THERE

Message 10 of 11
ACE - Professor

@Rezac61

AT&T will be rolling out a new set-top box later this year for DTV that will likely do what you are looking for.

However I'm not convinced using a cable company's hardware to watch Netflix is the best solution.

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support