ddw_23's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, January 22nd, 2012 1:54 AM

How to record from uverse DVR to VHS

Hi Everyone.  I have searched the web and followed instructions from web findings and still cannot record the movies from the DVR onto the VHS. I have an Emerson DVR/VCR combo model # EWD2202. I connected DVR output to VCR input and VCR output to TV input. I watch the movie on the DVR and press record on the VCR. When I rewind and view what I thought I was taping, it's just black & white static like screen. Can...Will someone PLEEEEEEEEEASE help me!!!!  PLEASE!!!!  THANKS!!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

After you connect the VCR to the U-verse DVR and the VCR to the TV, do the following additional things:

1.  On the TV, change the input from the U-verse DVR to the VCR (i.e. change to the video component input used by the VCR)

2. On the VCR, you will need to set the Input to receive the picture from the U-verse DVR.  There should be some type of Input button on the VCR remote which should allow you to select the correct input.  

Once you select the correct Input on the VCR, you should see a picture that the VCR will record.

I hope this makes sense.

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

12 years ago

Copyright protection.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

So I cannot transfer what I recorded on the DVR to a VHS tape? And in order to gain DVR hard drive space, I'll have to erase those that I've recorded?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

Some things might record, but many will not due to Macrovision.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macrovision 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@ddw_23 wrote:
So I cannot transfer what I recorded on the DVR to a VHS tape? And in order to gain DVR hard drive space, I'll have to erase those that I've recorded?

It depends on the program.  I have achieved some recordings from my DVR to both VHS and DVD.

What are you trying to record?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I'm trying to get my various versions of "The Christmas Carol" movies. I really don't want to loose them. The orignal is a clasic. I'll try your instructions. I hope it works! Thanks!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

A lot of movies do have copy protection, and may prevent transferring from the DVR.  Give it a shot.  At least make sure that all of the connections and inputs are set correctly.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

IT WORKED!!!! CLARITY ISN'T ALL THAT BUT IT WORKED!!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Glad that worked.  Only an SD signal is being sent from the U-verse DVR to the VCR.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

This worked for a VCR, and I wonder how I can apply this same idea to a DVD/VCR combo recorder that I have connected to a wired AT&T receiver i another room. It is a Panasonic DMR-EZ48V, and the TV is a 1080 HD Panasonic as well. I used to be able to record just fine until ATT changed the box to wireless. When it was changed back again, I can record audio but not video (non-copyrighted material). In the past when something was copyrighted, I could not copy it to a DVD, but I could always copy it to a tape despite the copyright. I don't remember ever changing the TV itself to a different input. I know I have the input of the recorder correct, though. Just wondering if you have a thought on how this situation would work.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.