aujones's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Monday, December 31st, 2012 12:16 AM

How many TV's can a Wireless Receiver support?

The U-200 plan for TV, phone , and internet includes a DVR and a wireless receiver - that should support two TV's.  Since I have several more TV's, I plan to add two more controller boxes and then purchase a wireless receiver for the other TV's.  How many additional TV's can the wireless receiver support?  Is the wireless receiver "portable" - that is, can it be moved from room to room without having to disconnect and re-connect wires or cables?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

aujones - To get back to the U-verse remote & multiple TVs - It does work. I did mine. You can do it if you want one remote for multiple TVs. Of course, if hey are the same brand of TV one setting may handle both.

Since you do not need to buy an RF remote - If your TV is HD you can connect with an HDMI splitter - http://sewelldirect.com/Sewell-HDMI-1x2-Splitter-v13b.asp?ad_source=GoogleAdWords&ad_medium=PPC&ad_term=HDMI%20%2Bsplitter&ad_campaign=53983803&ad_group=2074889043&ad_network=search&ad_creative=7153161963&gclid=CKe_ir2ii6gCFUiK4AoduEbyCQ

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Greetings All:

I know this is an older thread, but does each separate wireless rcvr need their own WAP in order to operate?

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

No.  One WAP and max of two wireless receivers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.