babicka's profile

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

Sunday, August 6th, 2017 7:14 PM

How do I watch Uverse TV online?

I would like to be able to watch my Uverse TV programming on my desktop computer. I've never tried it before (from uverse .com /live), but it doesn't seem to be possible anymore?  All channels appear to be "Off air."

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

@scubafrog

You may be confusing things. If your Uverse subscription package includes Starz, you can watch via their website. Just need to authenticate with your AT&T credentials. Infact, I've written before about the idea of bookmarking these sites in the Windows 10 Start menu as an El Cheapo way of creating a tuner function.  Uverse content packages are decent, lack of direct browser support notwithstanding.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

No confusion.  Yes, I was watching Starz content through Starz.com on my work desktop computer (Win7).  But for some reason on Friday all episodes were locked except the first ones.  It appears to be working fine now on my home desktop (Win10) although even on my home network I get the sign-in auth. errors.  Usually I have to click "Have Starz" a couple of times and then it accepts me.  I thought it might also have to do with the fact that I was streaming Starz content on the Starz app through my Xbox One on Thursday night.  Maybe just a glitch on Friday.  I will have to check on Monday.

My biggest complaint is the lack of "Premium On-Demand" content through my home DVR or STB's when I pay for the channels and gigafiber internet.  There is a lot of content on the UVerse app but I don't want to watch on a mobile device as desktop support is no longer available.  Although, I hear it is still available with DirectTV.

Currently looking at On-Demand through my DVR.  Starz only has 8 original series (all current and upcoming shows) listed when there are 22 available online.  I have noticed that the On-Demand content has been scaled back over the years.

I actually had a UVerse neighborhood representative come by my house and introduce himself.  When I expressed my concerns about the Uverse company dispersing he assured me that Uverse will not go out of business anytime soon.  However, by the end of our conversation he was trying to get me to switch to DirectTV even though he was wearing a UVerse shirt and introduced himself as my neighborhood Uverse representative.  Smiley LOL

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Agreed with all the comments about removing the online streaming option. Very stupid to remove streaming on computers. ATT is bad enough, now they're not even adding value they are taking it away. 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

It’s fairly evident to me Uverse TV will never offer all on demand library content any one broadcaster provides. This is a key reason to use a dedicated streaming device such as Appletv, or Firetv or ... for watching on big screen. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I found this thread trying to find a way to watch On Demand and access DVR on my Macbook Pro laptop.  I have the app on my phone.  But, as others have said, it is too small and my eyes aren't what they used to be.  I have been a professional firefighter for 22+ years and would have liked to have access to content on my larger screen computer that I can on a tiny telephone.  I never work less than 24 hour shifts and often word 48 to 96 hour shifts.  With one Television in the station with six different guys, it would be nice to be able to use the service that I am paying for.  But, ATT is increasing my rates next week, I am at work a lot and am unable to watch on a computer, I have netflix and hulu.  I believe this simple decision to block me from accessing the content on a computer is the final straw to cancel my service.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This is just one more reason why I am considering switching my service to Comcast. You guys just keep making it easier and more compelling to seek alternative sources of service. I seriously can't believe that you have eliminated the option for people who use a laptop or a desktop to access the same services they always have regarding live TV and are forcing them to watch them on smaller screens with slower bandwidth. Such a disappointment.

Allison Young

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

@FlaJim

You can still benefit from  your Uverse subscription by  pointing safari at website of the channel you're interested in. You can bookmark the websites to make it easier to do rudimentary channel surfing. The added bonus of going this route is the broadcaster 's website usually offers more complete on demand.

A cheap 10 inch tablet could also be used to watch Uverse directly. Easier to handle too because of size and touchscreen.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

No reason U-Verse shouldn't be watchable through their own website portal just like DirecTV (or their competition).  Since I don't want DirecTV ... guess they are forcing me to Spectrum.   So sad that ATT denies this feature to their customers especially with what they charge for the U-Verse packages.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

AT&T thinks that they are this giant that cannot be touched! Flashing news: Customers make it happen for you. Take away such features and you will never see them again. I cannot watch my World Cup 2018 anymore due to this; guess who is getting my business now!!!!!!

Bye bye AT&T Uverse; and noway am I coming to DIRECT-TV or any other business that has to do with AT&T.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Agreed! I travel 80% of the time and without having ability to watch on my laptop on the road, what is the point of paying for uverse?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.