How do I verify my tv is on channel 3

Contributor

How do I verify my tv is on channel 3

Tech support failed to get my tv back on.  He said to verify my tv was on channel 3. How do I do that when all I see on the screen is No Signal?

Message 1 of 6 (653 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: How do I verify my tv is on channel 3

Press the channel up/down button.  The TV should display a channel number, if it doesn't then you probably have another input selected (Composite or AV, Component, etc.).

Is the TV connected to the Set Top via a Coax cable?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (646 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

How is the receiver (set top box) connected to the tv?
Input (source) selection made using your TV remote not the Uverser remote.

If a coax connection, tv input should be tv, channel 3
If using 3 wire red,white, yellow should be AV (some tvs have more than 1 AV choice)
If using component, red, white, red, blue, green should be component (some tvs have more than one chpice)
If using HDMI cable, input should be HDMI, again could have multiple choices (hdmi1, hdmi2, hdmi3)

If can see how connected and to which input choice, using TV remote or buttons on TV to change setting.

"No SIGNAL" means no feed from STB to TV, if known right input, try unplugging both ends of cable and reattach, may be loose connection.

Hope this helps, please mark appropriately if solves issue, thanks.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6 (645 Views)
Tutor

thank you for your post , Press the channel up/down button.

Message 4 of 6 (627 Views)
Highlighted
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by MicCheck (ACE - Professor)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Hi Mtyltt,

Just wanted to check in with you to see if you were able to get your TV service working. The way I have always used to check to see what channel your TV is on is by going to your TV and pressing the power button on it, instead of the remote. When it comes up, you should see a number or some writing at the top right corner usually, but sometimes it is somewhere else. 

But based off your connection, you want to be on the appropriate channel, such as my thoughts listed. To change the channel, I would suggest using the buttons on your TV or the remote that came with your TV.

Let us know how it goes.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 6 (570 Views)
Contributor

Change the channel using your TV remote to channel number 3
If you are using a co-axial cable to connect you TV and receiver you will be able to see the picture.

Message 6 of 6 (478 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.